+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2299131;
    Oh joy...another universal remote.
    Well, until it gets deposited in the yard, maybe when you want to change channels you could try giving her a big hug.

Wouldn't the baby kittens need to nurse?
    Last edited by cricketeen; 03-27-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    They can be bottle fed, if necessary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh JamieLee: What an upsetting story. I think leaving food and water for the Mom and maybe blankets in case it's cold would help. I would hope the Mom kitty will return to feed her kits and is just terrified of people. Poor little things.

I know when Gracie's Mom had her kitts she did move them in the house at a certain age (a couple weeks, I think). She started moving them one at a time into the dark cold basement. I finally convinced her the second bedroom was different enough and made a hiding place near the bed which she adopted very quickly and moved all the kittens there.

I hope they can catch the mom and kitties and find a no-kill shelter. That sounds like the best option. Best of luck!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

yeah, i would just keep an eye on them. We have a cat that lives under our house (we live in a mobile home), and sometimes has kittens. One day I kept hearing meowing for all day. I finally searched under the house, and a kitten walked right up to me. It was the only one i heard, and it was really small. I didnt see any other kittens around. So I ended up taking it to a 24 hour vet place, and they had a momma cat who was nursing, and the kittens were the same age as the kitten I found (who I named Lucky, because i was lucky to find him and i was obsessed with General Hospital at the time.).

Like others have said, I'd leave food and water, and put an old but cozy blanket in the shed.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

hi thanks so much for replying with the great advice and concern. i appreciate you all taking the time. Im writing quick as I'm on my employer's crappy laptop and having problems - i had a HUGE post and it got wiped out.
    so, thanks and I'll write again when i'm at home or a decent computer. This is not good for posting!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    No news on the kitties??? I'm going crazy here.

Please update us soon.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

JamiLee - PLEASE keep us posted so we know how the little kitties make out.

I friend of mine at work told me this morning his neighbor's cat just had three completely white kittens yesterday. He's already looking to find homes for them. I'd love to take one, but I think it would be either my hubby of the kitty. Hmmm, let me think about that for a minute . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2300758;
    hi thanks so much for replying with the great advice and concern. i appreciate you all taking the time. Im writing quick as I'm on my employer's crappy laptop and having problems - i had a HUGE post and it got wiped out.
    so, thanks and I'll write again when i'm at home or a decent computer. This is not good for posting!!
    JamiLee, this might not be what happened and you may already know this, but just an FYI, if you type a long post that takes more than just a few minutes to compose, scroll over it and copy it before hitting 'Submit Reply'. If you get logged off Fort while you are typing, you can log back in and paste it rather than retyping or saying "The heck with it".
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

thanks again!! Crick I know but i don't have a mouse and i'm frazzled because he has all the settings crazy!! I changed them all around and have to get them back to the way they were. I have 2 babies sleeping and one is starting to wake up.

I am waiting to speak to my daughter tonight because the area I'm in today has almost no service (with cingular) grrr

I told my daughter last night I'd take the kittens (I'm crazy) she is coming home the end of this coming weekend sooooooooo. I'll be posting pictures !! Unless they all decide to keep them there which would be crazy. They have my daughter's crazy persian and 2 hyper dogs (one just got over being attacked and almost killed by a pitbull) I wrote about it in the post that didn't post.........i should have copied and pasted like you said Crick but, I always forget until too late

I will post late tonight or first thing in the morning. Thanks so much.

JamiLee: Thanks for keeping us posted. Two pure white kitties! !

Those are very hard to find. A friend of mine got my first kitty Snowflake from the SPCA in a different city. I always wanted a white kitten. All white. No marking. Just white. It tooks him months of calling every day to see if they had any. And they had two! So we got a brother and sister, both white. But my evil twin sinister didn't like her kitty and made me give him away.

Attachment 19760Attachment 19759
    The Royale white kittens are the most famous of all! I love white kittens.

I can hardly wait for your photos!!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-17-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread