+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My Mastiff loves butter as well. She generally has got over the chewing phase, but today I am pretty sure she has destroyed a remote control to the TV. I have looked everywhere....She doesn't touch shoes, slippers, clothes. Just remotes and butter. Hubby left it on a coffee table ( a big no no) and left on a trip. We are on the 3rd remote for that TV.

I'm guessing you are about to be on the 4th remote for that tv.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2299013;
    She doesn't touch shoes, slippers, clothes. Just remotes and butter.
    You don't happen to eat buttered popcorn while you're watching TV, do you?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2299043;
    I think you might be onto something there Holmes!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2299043;

Heh. My son does...all the time. It's the low fat microwave kind, but I bet it still has enough greasy goo to be attractive to a dog. However, the remote doesn't feel particularly greasy to me (that would be gross), but maybe it's just enough. Meanwhile...god only knows where that remote is. I think it is in the backyard somewhere. Oh joy...another universal remote.

advice needed!!

hello........

I hate that there is such rotten care for animals in too many places.

I am looking for advice here..OK my daughter lives with 5 housemates all attending college. They're juniors right now. My daughter has a persian cat, there are 2 dogs that live in the house.

My daughter called all upset telling me that in their backyard in this crappy old shed (it is really gross) they heard noises and it turned out to be 5 baby kittens. The mom heard them coming and bolted AND has yet to be seen again. It's only been about less than 2 hours since the mom got frightened. My daughter said she was really terrified of them and looked like she was hurting herself trying to get away (crawling under a neighbor's fence)

my daughter called her vet and the lady was just like oh just take them in your house and feed them and take care of them and then find them homes.........(I want to call this lady up so bad and tell her off)

Of course the kids want to take them in but, they have enough with their pets right now. Plus you know how you'd fall in love with them and not want to let them go. Finally, I feel bad for the mother cat.

Anyway, I called their city's shelter and the lady said the girls could bring the kittens in and trap the mother...............no one makes house calls (remember this is out in their backyard far away from their house too)
    Or, forget the mother and MAYBE they have a nursing cat but, they probably don't - best bet is the girls just take care of the kittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so aggravated. One of the other parents told the kids to keep a check on the mom cat coming back - leave food for the mom cat - if she doesn't show back up by tomorrow then take the kittens in...............

anybody? advice?

p.s I'm too far away to hands on do what I'd do. I'm in Mass and they are in N.Y

This is just heartbreaking, JamiLee. I don't see how any mother, feline or human or whatever, can just leave their babies and not come back. The maternal instinct is extremely strong. I think after the mom settles down, she'll return to her babies. I'd give it some time and see what happens.

hi scoutmom yeah I feel awful. Well the mom didn't just leave them. My daughter and her girlfriends heard some noise and when they went to go check the mother cat freaked out and took off. My daughter said she felt awful because the mother cat was more scared than she should have been. My daughter got the feeling she was not lost when she had the kittens. A lot of cats are abandoned out where she lives.

They have food out there and are going to keep a check on the kittens. They are afraid the mom cat will come back and move her kittens now and they'll all die. So, they are listening to me and the other parent. Wait a while for the mom cat. But, then what? I don't know what to tell her. I think it really stinks that the shelter and my daughter's vet can give no good advice............they want these girls keeping 5 kittens!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "And find them homes"....don't forget that part.

Also, can they check the area for "no kill" shelters? They have a lot of experience with placement of babies. I know that firsthand. I have 2 now!

The one where I live take in the kitties (and dogs/puppies), and place them in individual homes where they are held and given lots of attention, thus they are socialized when placed. They have years of experience with this. They are a wonderful group!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-27-2007 at 04:28 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2299167;
    One of the other parents told the kids to keep a check on the mom cat coming back - leave food for the mom cat - if she doesn't show back up by tomorrow then take the kittens in...
    This is the best immediate course of action. Unless there is no other option, there is no good subsitute for the mother. Chances are the mother will come back.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread