+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    This is Kowboy, he's our 19 lb Tuxedo. I also think he could be a great commercial kitty...but maybe all moms think that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I want to go-a kitnapping......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Maveno, that is one beautiful kitty!! I love those whiskers!

It sure is a beautiful cat, and the picture itself looks professional enough to be used on a calendar or Hallmark card.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Thanks you guys! I'm very proud of my kids and take tonsss of pictures.

Kowboy is really sexy, and WAY photogenic. His huge size makes him even that much more scrumptious. He's just a big hugeee lover. No matter where I'm taking the picture, he's got that cool-hand Kowboy look to him. So the pictures always turn out great.

I can't seem to post pictures of the rest of the family, must be the maximum strength cold medicine. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at all and I'm just giving up for today.
    Roseskid, I am into photography and plan to pursue it further. My pets have been the test-boys for years. Thank you for the compliments.
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-24-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I had my Little Sister today and we went to the pet store and got an outdoor corral for hamsters (the one for guinea pigs was $55!). Then we went home and took her/my guinea pig out to graze. We let the dog out on the line and he kept jumping into the corral to play/sniff/lick the "puppy". It was hilarious. We found stray clover and strawberry leaves to feed it. A good time was had by all. When we got up to go in, the seat of my pants was soaked from the damp ground, but it was a beautiful sunny day.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Maveno I'm in with Kowboy...what a beautiful kitty and a beautiful photo!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2295335;
    I had my Little Sister today and we went to the pet store and got an outdoor corral for hamsters (the one for guinea pigs was $55!). Then we went home and took her/my guinea pig out to graze. We let the dog out on the line and he kept jumping into the corral to play/sniff/lick the "puppy". It was hilarious. We found stray clover and strawberry leaves to feed it. A good time was had by all. When we got up to go in, the seat of my pants was soaked from the damp ground, but it was a beautiful sunny day.
    Gutmutter, be careful not to take your/her guinea pig onto treated grass.

The neighbors had a corral for their guinea pigs, but sometimes our kids and their's (four kids) would sit with their legs spread out, foot to foot, and let the pigs play in the "kid" corral.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    La Crosse Tribune - 6.0

O, brother, where art thou? Dogs reunited by chance at day care

By ANNE JUNGEN | La Crosse Tribune

Wallace and Gromit were abandoned.

While at the Coulee Region Humane Society, all the identical yellow Labrador retriever brothers had was each other.

Then, when 5 months old, each went off to separate homes last June.

Jump forward to this month.

The owner of Diggity Dog Daycare in the Airport Industrial Park noticed two yellow Labs would “play like crazy” whenever they got together.

“They love playing chase, ring around the picnic table and face wrestling on the couches,” said Pat Kucera.

He mentioned the dogs’ unusual fondness for each another to their respective families.

It made Cyndy Lamb think. She never forgot about the other Lab who had been with her Cooper when she took him home from the Humane Society.

So Lamb pressed Denice Mack, who had the other Lab, for information about her Levi.

“I asked her where she got him,” Lamb said. “When she said he was 5 months old when she got him, my heart stopped.”

Cooper, too, had been 5 months when she adopted him.

The two are convinced Levi and Cooper are the former Wallace and Gromit that had been at the Humane Society last June.

“I was so excited because when we adopted (Levi), we knew there was another yellow Lab out there, and we wanted to find him and get together with him,” Mack said.

That the brothers would end up at the same facility months later, “I find it amazing. I mean, think of the odds of that,” Kucera said.

The humans now are hoping the dog brothers will connect outside Diggity Dog Daycare — Denise and husband Curt have extended a “play date” invitation to Cooper and Lamb.

“I’m definitely going to take them up on that,” Lamb said.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't worry veejer, the only treatment my grass gets is the occasional mowing.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread