+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 1752 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758981485481048 ... LastLast
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Dina -- my boys (male brother cats, about 3 years old) STILL go nuts as soon as the sun starts to come up. They chase each eother back and forth, over and over, and ALWAYS ACROSS BY BED, but I guess I've gotten used to it now because I hardly ever wake up anymore..

HOWEVER, this was not the case when my sister and mother visited. :nono

On the other hand, they're ALWAYS snoozing between 4:00 - 9:00 when the sun is going down.

I still love them to death.

I had to take care of my cousins weiner dog this weekend. Nothing like cleaning up dog pee right when you are about to go in the shower. The dog is tiny and lazy, he's only energetic for about 30 minutes out of the day and after that just lies on the floor sleeping. It has its annoying side but it really makes me miss having a dog.

We have a new kitten And I think this is meant to be: I have been looking on pet adoption pages for a red kitten to show up, and I have all cat stuff ready to go ( litter, food etc). This morning when I went to drop my kids at school one of our friends was waiting for his wife outside with a little dirty wet red kitten in his hands. He said he foud her just moments before hiding under a truck. This is very uncharacteristic to me but I asked straight up if he was going to keep her, or if I could have her. And she is ours now, waiting for our vet appointment in an hour I hope she is alright, she ate some, and I tried to clean her (which she didn't like) some. She is a little purring machine, too I'll update you on her once we are back from vet. (And you can tell I am not interested in finding who abandoned her on the parking lot... bad bad, but I really want a red one...)
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

That's a really sweet example of divine intervention, Tirlittan
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    We have a new kitten And I think this is meant to be: I have been looking on pet adoption pages for a red kitten to show up, and I have all cat stuff ready to go ( litter, food etc). This morning when I went to drop my kids at school one of our friends was waiting for his wife outside with a little dirty wet red kitten in his hands. He said he foud her just moments before hiding under a truck. This is very uncharacteristic to me but I asked straight up if he was going to keep her, or if I could have her. And she is ours now, waiting for our vet appointment in an hour I hope she is alright, she ate some, and I tried to clean her (which she didn't like) some. She is a little purring machine, too I'll update you on her once we are back from vet. (And you can tell I am not interested in finding who abandoned her on the parking lot... bad bad, but I really want a red one...)
    Neat, Tirlittan. I'm looking forward to hearing more. I hope it doesn't get you up at 5 like Dinahann's.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Congrats on your new baby, Tirlittan!

Congrats Tirlittan! It does sound like you were meant for each other.

So now we need to know what you name her...maybe "Annie", since she is a red-headed orphan?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    We have a new kitten And I think this is meant to be: I have been looking on pet adoption pages for a red kitten to show up, and I have all cat stuff ready to go ( litter, food etc). This morning when I went to drop my kids at school one of our friends was waiting for his wife outside with a little dirty wet red kitten in his hands.
    That's a great story. I'm so happy for you and that is one lucky kitty. I just got home from a four-day vacation, and the best part about coming home was having two tongue-licking (them, not me ), tail-wagging, happy dogs to come home to. They make my heart smile.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Well, we are back, and he is relatively clean and purring on my lap with a full tummy. He did have fleas, ear mites, and he got medications for both of those. He is a he (personallly I can't tell the difference at this age in kittens) and about 8-10 weeks old. He also got tested for feline leukemia and HIV, and he doesn't have those (good thing). He didn't appear to have worms (test neg), but we dewormed him anyway just in case. So all is good now, he will get shots in a couple of weeks. I think he will grow up to be an excellent "computer cat" .

OneTvslave, Annie would be such a great name, except that the kitten turned up a male... The vet's assistant actually first said that the kitten was a she, but the vet came in, looked twice, and said that the kitten might need a sex change operation to be one I am guessing the kids will want to call him Puss-in-Boots, he looks like miniature Puss from Shrek, but we will see.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Tirlittan, sounds like he was meant to be with you, considering the way you got him. No shame on keeping him then.

+ Reply to Thread