+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I think you are making the right decision, QueenB.

Boris has never left us a pressie, but we had a dalmatian who would bring home moles. I worked with someone who opened her back door to a dead chicken once.
    Sorry to be disgusting, but Boris' worst habit is eating his own, well, you know.... And I have no idea how to stop it short of being right there every time he goes out.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Miss Kitty, that picture has me

Skwerl is now in trash. Is gift for garbage man.

Gabriel, glad to hear Joey's A-OK

Queenb, sorry to hear about Coco

Cricketeen, we had a dog that did that. Vet said that a lot of dogs from breeders will do that for some reason. Boris has coprophagia and there is something you can get from the vet to keep him from doing that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

glennajo, Good to hear that Kady is doing better.
    gabriel, I'm so glad that Joey's check-up went well!
    queenb, I'm sorry you aren't able to keep Coco. I agree with cricketeen; I think you're making the right decision.
    Last edited by pineapple; 03-21-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2290564;

On a sad note, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take Coco back to the shelter. She is just not doing any better, and frankly I'm getting tired of trying to pry her out of her shell. Unfortunately, she has turned out to be a 'scaredy cat", at least here-- the rescue place swears she was friendly, outgoing, etc. Maybe they can find a home where she fits in a bit better. I think she would be better off where someone is home all the time, so that she would have to come out of hiding more often. I may get another kitty when I take her back, but it will have to be the one that isn't even a little bit standoffish at the shelter. I feel really guilty about this, but I bet Coco would like to be in a one cat home, as she doesn't seem to want to be anywhere near Rocky any of the time, and he's velcro-ed beside me all the time.
    queenb, sad to read about Coco. If she isn't doing any better yet, chances are she'll be happier in another home as you describe.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

queenb: Sorry to hear about coco. Maybe it was a bit of a busy home for her. I do hope she gets adopted again.

There was a great story on the news today. A nice border collie/shepherd cross was hit by a car. (that's not the good part) The police were called and took him to the emergency vet. They had to perform surgery. No-one came forward and the dog was to be put down by the pound. (still not the good part) The two police officers heard of his plight and adopted him. They can't keep him, but have set up a fund for donations to pay for his surgery and for some nice person to come and adopt the little pooch. The dog's name, BTW, is Lucky
    Attachment 19714

NASAP, a rescue org is also accepting donations. Mr. Tootles was saved by NASAP.
    Attachment 19715
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-06-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Poor puppy! Hopefully with all the publicity, he will get a good home and his care paid for.

Thanks for the support about the kitty. I feel awful taking her back, but they are a no-kill place, and I'm sure there's a home for her out there. At least she has put on a little weight while here; she must come in the kitchen and chow down while I'm at work!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb, sorry you couldn't keep Coco. Hopefully she'll find another home as caring as yours was!!

Here's a couple new pics of the girls. The first one is of Kady and Maddie at our Daytona 500 party. They had peanut butter filled kongs for their snack.
    The second is of Kady and Allie loving on each other.

How cute glennajo. How did you determine which dog got which shirt? I take it Kady is hubby's dog and Maddie is yours by the shirt selection.

That's right, Unk. I wanted both of them to be Gordon fans, but I lost that argument. The way hubby sees it, I picked Maddie out, therefore she's mine. He brought Kady home, therefore she's his. But, since I take care of them, and they love me best.... I say they're both mine.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glennajo;2291841;
    ...they love me best...
    I hope hubby doesn't read these message boards.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread