+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Sorry to double-post. Had to find this. Thought it was timely.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Misskitty, great picture!

Gabriel, congrats on Joey's healthy checkup!! It's so nice to hear that your vet is such a caring person.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Oh man, YOU get ALL the good presents!!!!!!
    I've been the recipient of four dead moles, two dead birds, and one half-dead bird, all from Pumpkin. He always seems so proud to deliver them, too!

misskitty that picture is a hoot!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Y'all all get good presents. All I get are my socks put in the water dish.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When I lived in a small apartment complex, my neighbor had a cat that he let roam about. Apparently, he and I looked out the door at the same time, and his cat was hellbent on catching this adorable little chipmunk. We, both, went flying out of our apartments...arms flailing, yelling, trying to corner the cat to give the chipmunk a chance to make a serious break for it. We won (at least on that day)!! I'm sure we looked like 2 fools.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2290523;
    well thats better than my glasses being hidden under furniture..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2290534;
    When I lived in a small apartment complex, my neighbor had a cat that he let roam about. Apparently, he and I looked out the door at the same time, and his cat was hellbent on catching this adorable little chipmunk. We, both, went flying out of our apartments...arms flailing, yelling, trying to corner the cat to give the chipmunk a chance to make a serious break for it. We won (at least on that day)!! I'm sure we looked like 2 fools.
    That reminds me of a time back in the day when my roomies and I had been partying on a summer Saturday afternoon. We spotted what we thought was our cat in the carports at the complex. Our cat had feline leukemia and we kept him inside so we took off to catch him immediately. We chased that cat for 45 minutes before we looked up in the window and there sat Marmaduke, our cat, watching us. Talk about feeling stupid. That poor kitty we chased never came back around the "crazy people" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2290523;
    All I get is the water dish emptied onto the floor. Rocky likes to pop the water with his paw till it's all gone.
    Unk, do you reckon it's because your kitties stay inside 24/7 like mine do? I sure will flip out if I get a gift of whatever, because that will mean it was living in here.

On a sad note, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take Coco back to the shelter. She is just not doing any better, and frankly I'm getting tired of trying to pry her out of her shell. Unfortunately, she has turned out to be a 'scaredy cat", at least here-- the rescue place swears she was friendly, outgoing, etc. Maybe they can find a home where she fits in a bit better. I think she would be better off where someone is home all the time, so that she would have to come out of hiding more often. I may get another kitty when I take her back, but it will have to be the one that isn't even a little bit standoffish at the shelter. I feel really guilty about this, but I bet Coco would like to be in a one cat home, as she doesn't seem to want to be anywhere near Rocky any of the time, and he's velcro-ed beside me all the time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    That poor kitty we chased never came back around the "crazy people" again.

How many of you were there? I can just imagine multiple grown men chasing around a terrified cat through an apartment building parking lot!

But now that you mention it... Will you come chase the kitties around my house? They absolutley will not go home!!! And they're mean to my cat (okay, she's a real wuss, but still...), they tease the dogs, the poop in my flowerbeds and pots, and they keep me up all night long with their lust-filled screeching. Seriously, I don't want to hurt them, but I really want them to stay out of my yard! Suggestions?

gabriel, I'm glad Joey had a good check-up.

glennajo, good news that Kady is on the mend.

queenb, I'm sorry it didn't work out with Coco. It sounds like you have a good understanding of what kind of home she needs. I'm sure the right home will come along for her.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-21-2007 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread