+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

glennajo: Thanks for the update on Kady. I'm glad the vet could help her out and even though she's uncomfortable she'll be ok. I just know you will be her best nurse ever!

gabriel: It's Tuesday. How's mister Joey? (gosh we are an anxious bunch)

I saw another report on the tainted cat/dog food. It broke my heart to see so many owners with their sick kitties and puppies. Feeling guilty that they fed their pets the bad food. But it wasn't their fault. I think there should be a class action suit against the food company for loss and ilness suffered. Even though the company lost millions in the recall and will probably lose a high percentage of customers in the future. I'd hate to think that someone at the gluten factory did something bad out of spite.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I, too, await the "Joey report".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo;2287983;
    Unk, I posted a few posts back about Kady's visit,
    I swear I wasn't drunk yesterday. I totally missed it glennajo. I'm glad she seems to be doing better.

Joey's ONE HOUR checkup

I'm going to reiterate this as it happened.

The Vet aide called us, we went into the exam room and pulled the top off the carrier so Joey could be weighed. (He weighed in at 15 1/2 pounds - lost a pound)Angie (the aide) exclaimed "He looks just like Toby!" (The cat who lives at the clinic) She took him in the other room to draw the blood for his senior workup and when they came back he had his front legs around he neck and was flattened up against her and did not want to let go. Finally he let go and laid on the scale and thats where his exam took place.

Doctor comes in and before the exam we talked about Mona and how we're coping, I gave the Doctor a picture of Mona & Joey together that said thank you for the care and helping Mona pass onto the Rainbow Bridge. The Doctor starting crying a little bit and said Thank You so much gave me a big hug and said - I have a picture of two of my patients now.

Anyway to the exam, everything sounded and looked wonderful, his teeth were cleaned and looked wonderful even before. As for his sneezing & lip licking, it turns out that he was sneezing only when I was brushing him, so we think something may have tickled his nose. The lip licking, she said it's possible that his sinuses could have been draining, but she has a note from a few years ago on his chart that says he licks his lips a lot. All we need now are the results of the bloodwork and the fecal, which she said will most likely be within ranges.

I was like WHEW!

Glennajo - glad to hear Ms Kady is on the mend.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2288702;
    I was like WHEW!
    On the one hand... Joey's fine!!!

On the other hand... Stop scaring us like that you hypochondriac.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Hooray for Joey and Joey's dad!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But Joeys dad is worn out from this......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm sure, but that's part of what being a 'parent' is all about!

I'm so glad it all went so well gabriel!!

It sounds like you and Joey have an amazing relationship with your vet. That was very sweet to bring him a photo of Ms. Mona with Joey boy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Man, I know spring is coming. The plum trees are starting to bloom blossums, and squirrels are running around. i took Mo out this morning, and he saw a squirrel and pulled the leash right out of my hand. He went chasing the squirrel. I yelled, and of course he didnt come. So I went back into the house, grabbed my mom's car key, and opened her car door. I stood infront of the opened car door and yelled for the dog. Mo looked up in the middle of the road a couple houses down, saw the open car door, came running, and jumped into the car. That's a fail proof way to catch my dog when he gets loose lol. Just open a car door and start it up, and Mo will come running lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread