+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Well Joey goes in this coming Tuesday for his checkup which is a good thing, because the last 4 or 5 days I think he's either not been feeling totally well or he is really beginning to miss Mona. He's been eating and doing all the other stuff ok. But seems kind of mopey and he's been according to my best friend licking his lips a lot. (Could be Nausea, but Joey has always has a wet cold nose) but we'll see.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Important

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2284133;
    I'm glad you guys posted the recall information. I had heard something about it on the news, but never saw the spot. Makes me glad I use Science Diet, even though I do pay more for it. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2284179;
    Joey only eats IAMs because of his urine Ph, as well as Merricks Ocean Breeze, California Roll and Wellness Salmon & Trout. It may cost more but he's worth it. We tried Science Diet and a couple others from the Vet but he just ignored it.

You need to go to the Hills (Science Diet) and Iams ( Iams and Eukanuba ) and look at their lists of recalled products.

Hills has Science Diet cat food "savory cuts" style items on their lists and Iams has both dog and cat food products ... again wet/cuts/gravy types of products.

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but Almost every brand of Pet Products has something on their list.

Please check !!!!!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks I'll check.. WHEW! - The IAMS dry foods are not affected. The wet food he eats is Merricks and Wellness.
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-17-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Yes. I bought one little pouch of Nutro Lamb Stew as a treat for my dog as gravy stuff smells more like people food and she thinks it's special.
    I was putting one teaspoon out of the pouch on top of her meal all last week ! Now I'm concerned and will take her to the vet a little early for her heartworm tests.

With dogs the kydney problem symptoms you look for are increased water consumption and less or diluted urine.

Cats are more subtle I think and can vary. So Gabriel, if Joey' ate that stuff and has been mopey, you may want to check with your vet. If he hasn't eaten it ... try giving him a hug from me.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2284388;
    Yes. I bought one little pouch of Nutro Lamb Stew as a treat for my dog as gravy stuff smells more like people food and she thinks it's special.
    I was putting one teaspoon out of the pouch on top of her meal all last week ! Now I'm concerned and will take her to the vet a little early for her heartworm tests.

With dogs the kydney problem symptoms you look for are increased water consumption and less or diluted urine.

Cats are more subtle I think and can vary. So Gabriel, if Joey' ate that stuff and has been mopey, you may want to check with your vet. If he hasn't eaten it ... try giving him a hug from me.
    I'll give him a hug, because the wet food he eats isn't any of the recall companies. I'm also going to wash his new comforter tonight, maybe that will help also. But in any event, he goes Tuesday.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

OMG! That's terrible about the pets dying from the food before it could be recalled. How sad for everyone. My kitties only eat dry food and treats. Or grilled chicken, tuna, and black forest ham on very special occasions. Just little bits.

gabriel: I'm so sorry to hear that Joey is feeling blue. I hope it's nothing serious. I'm glad you are taking him in for a check up. Give him a skritch and big hug from me and my kitts. Keep us updated on what happens, ok? I can see how he could still be missing Ms. Mona. I still miss her a lot too.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2284406;
    I'll give him a hug, because the wet food he eats isn't any of the recall companies. I'm also going to wash his new comforter tonight, maybe that will help also. But in any event, he goes Tuesday.

I'm glad for you and Joey and angry at myself for buying the stupid stuff. Give Joey 2 hugs !

And my dog is due for her annual heartworm test with check-up on April 1 and she's exhibiting the usual symptoms: such as good to see you, now lets play ... now let's play more, more, more ... and so on.

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2284379;
    You need to go to the Hills (Science Diet) and Iams ( Iams and Eukanuba ) and look at their lists of recalled products.

Hills has Science Diet cat food "savory cuts" style items on their lists and Iams has both dog and cat food products ... again wet/cuts/gravy types of products.

Please check !!!!!

I have looked and looked, but I can't find anything about recalls on the website. If somebody can give me a link, I'd really appreciate it. We do use Hill's Science
    Diet, and we do use the savory turkey and giblets, and savory salmon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You don't see two different categories for a dog and cat product information recall after clicking on this link?

Menu Foods Income Fund - Annual General Meeting

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thank you! I was going through the Science Diet site, and that did't have anything on it that I could find. Luckily, my gurls preferences are not on the list. They wouldn't touch the chicken savory cuts with a 10 foot pole! I had to take them back. Maybe they knew something was wrong!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread