+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2281420;
    Well I haven't posted this before cause I wasn't sure, BUT. On Saturday we are getting a new dog. (drum roll, please) A mastiff! Mastiff are the BIG dogs. That drool a lot. And make good feet warmers. And weigh a lot! I want a pure bred but can't afford the $1000 up front fee for a puppy. Actually I don't even want a puppy. But we are working with a mastiff rescue organisation. They have a female, she is 4 years old. Her name is Harmony. So, keeping my fingers crossed, she will be here Saturday. I'll be sure to take some pictures. I'll also take some of our current pets- Travlin' Jack and Herman. We are so excited here.
    I have a female Mastiff and she is a giant sweetheart. Just wants to be with you and lie at your feet. Actually, mine doesn't drool all that much, just after drinking water. I bought about 10 cheap little "dog towels" and keep them in strategic places around the house so I can wipe her face when she needs it. She kind of likes it, and I think the little so and so actually drinks more water if she feels like she is being ignored....just for the towel attention!! Good luck with your new Mastiff. I am sure you will love her!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2281408;
    If it's definitely a cat related odour, you can get a blacklight for about $20 that will pick up stains that are invisible to the naked eye (just like those things they use on CSI). I'm going to get one to figure out just exactly where the strays are spraying on my house. Once I find the location I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about, but for some reason I just need to know.
    I have a neighbor cat who uses behind my bushes as a litter box. I asked here and elsewhere about deterrents and the top recommendations were coffee grounds, orange peels ( or orange peel scent ) and moth balls. Try spraying an orange scent or orange scented cleaner in the sprayed places or saturate something with orange oil that you can leave in the area.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2281860;
    I have a neighbor cat who uses behind my bushes as a litter box. I asked here and elsewhere about deterrents and the top recommendations were coffee grounds, orange peels ( or orange peel scent ) and moth balls. Try spraying an orange scent or orange scented cleaner in the sprayed places or saturate something with orange oil that you can leave in the area.
    I did give some consideration to the mothballs, but unfortunately the little buggers are spraying where Harvey and Finley go in and out, and where they sit and watch the world go by. I'm pretty sure the boys would not forgive me if I did that - they're already a little miffed/whiny that they've had to go on a diet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2281874;
    I did give some consideration to the mothballs, but unfortunately the little buggers are spraying where Harvey and Finley go in and out, and where they sit and watch the world go by. I'm pretty sure the boys would not forgive me if I did that - they're already a little miffed/whiny that they've had to go on a diet.
    I was worried about the mothballs hurting the neighbor cat, but everyone here said no. However, people keep telling me the mothballs are terrible for the environment. Selfish I know, but poop under my window on a breezy day is not good for my olfactory environment !

Good luck, and hope you find the solution.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My boys are officially grown up. They are no longer on kitten food. On their last check up the vet told me to mix their food half kitten and half adult. Now they are on straight adult feed. It tickles me to read some of Star's posts from back when she was bottle feeding them and what a hard time she had getting Laurel to eat kitten chow. I miss my babies.

I can so relate to this, Unk. I'm always sad to see my puppies cross that threshold into full adult dogs. Now that I think of it, it's kind of like kids, huh?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2282507;
    Now that I think of it, it's kind of like kids, huh?
    Well I can tell you right now, they ain't getting the car keys.

Your cats might have a tough time seeing over the steering wheel anyway. Now, Howard, on the other hand wouldn't have trouble seeing over the wheel, but that wouldn't be a problem anyway. He'd have his head out the window with his tongue hanging out and his ears flapping in the breeze. Dog park, here I come!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Now, just make sure that Howard gets Unk's car keys!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I sure do miss that about not having a dog. Howard's not scared riding in the car? That's a plus. He's not that big of a coward then.

+ Reply to Thread