+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2278923;
    Oooooo. Kitty pics are just too cute! Boy, do they grow up fast!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles enjoyed their Xmas present (very late) from my twin sinister today. They each got catnip blankets and they played and sucked on them all afternoon. The happy furry ones are now both out like a light. Mmmmm. Catnip.
    I bet that was like a fun afternoon....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

All those adorable pics make me want a cat.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2279300;
    All those adorable pics make me want a cat.
    You can want a cat all you like, but unless the cat decides it wants STAFF, you're out of luck, up a creek without a paddle...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Phender's litter box is back on the floor, it was never tipsy, but it was a bit of a jump for her.

Speaking of litter boxes, we had to go into Moose Jaw this week to visit the BFs Mom, but Phender & Rocko have to stay at my Mom's house (also in Moose Jaw). They have 2 cats (cute 3 legged Robo and mean old Curly) who don't leave my brother's room until a few hours after Rocko leaves. Well after being there for a few days I went back to my Mom's to visit my fur-babys and while walking around the house I noticed something odd on the dining room table. It looked like two turds on her nice white lace table runner, it couldn't have been her cats cause they were still hiding in my bro's room, so it must have been Phender. Anyways I go to pick em up with a cleanex and they are old and hard as rocks, she was only there for a day and a half so they couldn't have been hers, but she must have carried them from the litter box up the stairs and jumped onto the dining room table with them. WTH!!! She has stayed there before and didn't do anything like this. What a little freak.

I say mean ol' Curly snuck out when no one was looking and framed her!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Cats, bless their furry little hearts, can be inclined to use poop to make some sort of point. Our lovely Spotty used to poop in the bathtub went we went on holiday and someone else was looking after the boys, even though the boxes were still being cleaned daily. I believe it was to show his displeasure in being "abandoned".

And waaaaaayyyyyy back when I was young, in a rock band, in an unhappy marriage and likely not as on top of things as I should have been, my delightful Leroy would drag a plastic bag into the middle of the kitchen floor and do his business on that. This was his clear cut way of telling me that his box needed cleaning - NOW!

The poops on the table may be Phender's way of telling you that he's not happy about having his routine disturbed. Cat's are surprisingly conservative when it comes to their routine.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

At least both Spotty and Leroy picked easy clean up places. I think it's interesting that Leroy actually pulled a plastic bag there to use. What a smart cat.
    We had a cat years ago that would do it right in front of our bedroom door. Usually in the middle of the night. What fun, to step in poop when your half awake, first thing in the morning.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    To this day I can’t figure out from where the smell emanates at the entrance to my office. I've sniffed every inch of carpet and wall, and I just can't find it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2281355;
    To this day I canít figure out from where the smell emanates at the entrance to my office. I've sniffed every inch of carpet and wall, and I just can't find it.
    If it's definitely a cat related odour, you can get a blacklight for about $20 that will pick up stains that are invisible to the naked eye (just like those things they use on CSI). I'm going to get one to figure out just exactly where the strays are spraying on my house. Once I find the location I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about, but for some reason I just need to know.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well I haven't posted this before cause I wasn't sure, BUT. On Saturday we are getting a new dog. (drum roll, please) A mastiff! Mastiff are the BIG dogs. That drool a lot. And make good feet warmers. And weigh a lot! I want a pure bred but can't afford the $1000 up front fee for a puppy. Actually I don't even want a puppy. But we are working with a mastiff rescue organisation. They have a female, she is 4 years old. Her name is Harmony. So, keeping my fingers crossed, she will be here Saturday. I'll be sure to take some pictures. I'll also take some of our current pets- Travlin' Jack and Herman. We are so excited here.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread