+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

It's going to be a fun summer around here. It got up in the 50's here today with some rain. I just had a fly in my house. The boys were going spaz trying to catch it. I just killed it and they are still looking for it. They'll have a heart attack before summer is over.

bbnbama, I keep one in the upstairs bathroom and one in the pass through just out side the 1/2 bath downstairs. A few years ago I had one in the corner of the family room and because we had kittens to young to climb the stairs, one under a side table in the dining room. Our 3/4 bath downstairs was to small and the same with the upstairs. If it works so what. A covered or automatic box would be neater for sure.

Unklescott, have you ever gotten a moth inside in the summer? My cat take that as a person offense. They spend hours trying to bring them down. Then they eat them. yuk!

Thank you all. I think my kitts look pretty and handsome. Would you belive that NO-ONE makes kitty sweaters? They are for puppies and I could only use the sweater ones as the others don't fit right around their necks and chest. My kitties have to have sweaters on when it dips down to +5. Their little paws get full of snow and really should have booties; but have you ever tried to put booties on a cat? Don't bother.

UncleDavid: A scratch or two from Gracie, Mr. Tootles just likes being dressed.

My litter boxes have always been at the bottom of the stairs. Except when they were kittens. I had to move Snowy's box upstairs when she had her heart condition; it just got to be too difficult.

catmom: Yes, summer bugs are just loads of fun. Gracie particularly likes to jump up 3 ft to catch dragonflys. She even does a one and a half gainer with a twist. A perfect 10!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Do your pets dream? All 3 of ours make this high pitched barky sound and jerk around when sleeping. It's weird. I know they must be dreaming (of what I don't know, maybe food? Maybe chasing squirrels?)

If they do this, do you wake them up or let keep it up?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Both of my girls dream. Maddie's whiskers flick and her ears move, her little paws twitch and curl. She usually wakes herself up in a start and looks around in shock with her eyes open wide...like What was that!

Chloe will talk in her sleep. Really muted cries with her whiskers twitching.

It's too cute.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Neither of the girls dream yet. At least not when I see them. Perhaps it's due to the fact that when I'm around them during nap time they are curled together in a ball.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

We were going to try and toilet train Phender (we stacked boxed under her litter box until it was the same height as the toilet but never finished training her) so her litter box is in the bathroom, plus its so handy to just scoop and flush everytime I notice a lump, or smell one since she refuses to burry her #2s when I'm home.

misskitty - I don't think I've have seen pictures of your babes before - very cute, I love the sweaters.

Rocko dreams all the time, she twitches her paws sometimes and yelps a bit. I think its really cute. Our friends that live upstairs have a big ol Great Dane (Sampson) and he's deaf. When I go let him outside when he's sleeping I get so scared to wake him up. He is really friendly but he is huge, I worry that he is dreaming about chasing mailmen or something and will go a little crazy being startled awake, hasn't happened yet.

Misskitty, I think your kitties are cuter in their sweaters than Boris is in his!

Boris yips and twitches in his sleep sometimes, too. He must be chasing the gym teacher.

M_shell, please tell me the litter box is not still stacked on boxes? I have this mental image of your poor cat teetering on this pile of boxes, trying to do her business.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2278092;

M_shell, please tell me the litter box is not still stacked on boxes? I have this mental image of your poor cat teetering on this pile of boxes, trying to do her business.

I had the same picture in my head!

Joeys' tail never stops. and he twitches, he runs all in his sleep.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I swear I'm not trying to make those with critters who don't cuddle jealous! I swear!

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread