+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

So the boys won't let me sleep past 6 a.m. Where are they now? In my bed sleeping. Well at least they were.

MRD
    It will be my turn to name the next pets in the family (yes we have turns, you'd think we were all 5 years old. )

I have had names picked out for years. I want a male dog named Jagger and a female named Layla. Not much explaining about those names I guess.

I'm not sure where my daughter came up with Waldo. But it sure does fit him. He is such a Waldo let me tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2265161;
    Are any of you watching 60 Minutes? The segment right now is on Sam Simon, successful writer, producer, director and developer of many sitcoms such as The Drew Carey Show, Cheers, Taxi, the Tracey Ullman show and the most popular and first ever cartoon prime time show The Simpsons who runs The Sam Simon Foundation. for assistance dogs. The Sam Simon Foundationís mobile clinic provides FREE spay/neuter services to cats and dogs belonging to low-income residents of the City of Los Angeles. This is the most amazing part:
    Here's a link to that segment Dog Nut ...on 60 Minutes; Exclusive Video Only on Yahoo! News

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    fredlun I love your English Bulldogs!! My dad always wanted one and he died before he was able to get one so I have made a vow to my family that I will one day own a English Bulldog and in honor of my dad I will name it after him so one day I will own "Bob" the English bulldog!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2270473;
    So the boys won't let me sleep past 6 a.m.
    It's 5:30 am at my house. Not a problem in the Spring and Summer, but in the winter... it kills me.

How do the boys get you up?

At my place it starts with Greta licking my face. Then, if that doesn't do the trick the bed becomes the 5th turn on the 'Kitty Gran Prix'. If the stampede noise doesn't get you, the kitty fly-byes will

Where are they now? In my bed sleeping. Well at least they were.
    You're a bad daddy!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

So the boys won't let me sleep past 6 a.m. Where are they now? In my bed sleeping. Well at least they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2270897;
    It's 5:30 am at my house. Not a problem in the Spring and Summer, but in the winter... it kills me.
    My dogs wake me up at 6AM-7AM every day! Even on the weekends when we want to sleep in! Buddy sleeps on the bed and D.Bo has his crate but if Buddy doesn't wake us, D.Bo starts his whining, then a bark to say, let me out of here! One Saturday morning, Mike went off to work and it was about 9AM when I realized, I'm still in bed, and haven't heard the dogs. I panicked and went to see what was up...both were sound asleep. Either I slept through the 6AM wake up call or they were just extremely tired this one morning! It was very odd!

With my guys, wake-up time has more to do with when they had their last potty break the night before. Anything past 10 PM, and I can sleep to the alarm. On weekends, with an 11 PM break, they'll usually let me sleep to 8:30
    How did each of you come up with the names of your pets?
    My boys' names, Bjorn and Gustav, are a nod to my Norse heritage. Their full AKC names also incorporate their kennel name and the pre-Anglicized version of my last name
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2270897;
    How do the boys get you up?
    It starts with arm licking and progresses into the final turn of the what I call the Catiapolis 500. Sometimes I can just close the bedroom door and they get the hint. However that often leads to scratching the door wanting in.

With respect to the boys getting me up, Harv, bless his heart, just sleeps in his chair until I arise. With Finley, I had to foresight to train him early. He used to give his almost silent howl and dance all over my torso in an attempt to make me feed him and open the window, but I refused to leave the bed until he settled himself down. So now he just curls into a ball beside me and purrs until I'm ready. If he's really desperate (on a gorgeous spring day, say), he will now keep doing the turn-around-lie-down thing beside me with intermittant stand-up-and-fall-over-on-my-face manoeuvers, all accompanied by ever louder purring and his silent, dilated pupil, inner-hyperventilation look. He's such a little sweetie butt.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2271254;
    It starts with arm licking and progresses into the final turn of the what I call the Catiapolis 500. Sometimes I can just close the bedroom door and they get the hint. However that often leads to scratching the door wanting in.

Just scratching the door? How nice & peaceful that sounds Unk. When I tired to close the door not wanting to be the 3rd turn in the Catiapolis 500, Mona would sit in the hall and watch her 16 pound brother throw himself at the door.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread