+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

We discussed this a few pages back, but I couldn't find it. The boys are Laurel & Hardy because they are so comical.

See, they even look alike.

My female, which we got first, my son named Whiskers because he said she had long whiskers. Our male, which we got two years after the female, my son named Dunkin. He's mostly gray, with a half gray/half white face, white belly, and white feet. My son said it looked like someone dunked him in milk, so he called him Dunkin!

I love that name DUNKIN. and to Unklescott - I see the resemblance
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well in answer to the naming question.

Star Ling started out as Starling because she is all black.
    Galaxy because when she was a kitten she had single white stands of fur all over.
    Mitzi was named by my son because his other cat was Maggie May and he wanted something to match the May.
    The dog was named by my Hubby. He picked 2 names and the family voted and Casey was the winner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We all have some adorable canines & felines, don't we?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2269042;
    I'm just a nosy sort and was wondering - how did each of you come up with the names of your pets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2269316;
    We discussed this a few pages back, but I couldn't find it.
    I found it. It was way back on 2/1/07 and it started with a post by Lois Lane. Post #4151.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2223868;
    Has it already been discussed here why you all named you pets the names your gave them? If not, I'd love to hear them!
    If you click on the arrow in the quote, it'll take you to that post and you can read from there.

Thanks, Veejer - I couldn't figure out how I missed those posts until I remembered that was when I moved and had no internet.

I'm allergic to cats but always fantasized that if I had one I would name her Amanda Blake (after Gunsmoke's Miss Kitty). And my fantasy rabbit is named Hedda Hopper (an old-time gossip columnist).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2269354;
    My son said it looked like someone dunked him in milk, so he called him Dunkin!
    That is just too cute.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

[QUOTE=cricketeen;2269471;]Thanks, Veejer - I couldn't figure out how I missed those posts until I remembered that was when I moved and had no internet. QUOTE]

Don't worry about it cricketeen. You know we really like telling the stories and showing off all of our beautiful four-legged family members. It sort of reminds me of my children asking me to tell them about when they were little. They ask time and time again over the years and it makes them feel special and us feel blessed.

Oooh fun topic - My white cat Yin/Yang was born with a perfect yin/yang symbol on her head - half black with a white spot in it, and half white with a black spot in it. In fact that is why I kept her. She was born on the morning of my one-woman art show opening, so I considered it a good omen. Taro means boy dog in Japanese (he's a Japanese Chin). Not very original, but he had it when we got him. My favorite cat name was Velcro (I'll let you figure that out). My first very own cat was named Stretch because she would topple over when she woke up from a nap and stretched. When I was little we had a dog named Boy. Here Boy! Someday I want to name a cat Slash.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread