+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2263786;
    Marleybone: You’re covered with cats. Trapped is when, like last night while sleeping, you create a figure eight with your legs, and Ella gets inside the 4 while Greta presses tightly up against the leg of the 4. That’s trapped.
    Actually, it's a cat and a dog, which makes it even more funny.

queenb - Your new cats are gorgeous, Coco does have beautiful eyes. Just keep giving her lots of love and she'll be fine.

MRD
    Queenb-love the new kitties, they are so cute.

MB-I can sympathize with your sleeping plight. Except we have 2 dogs and not a cat.

Rosie and Bogie sleep so close to me that if I roll over to turn on or off the light, they move into the 1 inch spot I have vacated and I can't roll back over. I find myself clinging to the edge of a kingsized bed while they have the entire thing to themselves.

Waldo has tried his best to get on the bed, but there is no room. He now sleeps on the floor in front of the closet where he can watch me sleep. I open my eyes and there he is! Staring at me.
    We have relented and let him sleep in our room. He's supposed to sleep in my daughters, but she has a loft bed and he can't see her so it bothers him and he spent the first 10 days whining and pacing at night. So now that he is in our room, we are all sleeping better.

I know its been said before, but having animals makes life so much more comforting doesn't it?

Gabriel-your life cycle idea is so true. Glad Joey seems to be adjusting somewhat and can now get on Mona's chair. I'm sure he is enjoying the extra brushing as are you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2263085;
    This is great therapy when you aren't feeling very well. The soothing sounds of a purring cat curled up in your lap.

There is something about this picture that makes me break into a big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2263702;
    Here's the pictures of my kitties :

Rocky, ...what a ham! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't keep this guy, because he's the biggest ham you ever saw. He's not a lap cat but does stay right with me all the time, unless he's playing, and has to be held for a while as soon as I wake up, and when I get home.

That's a ham face alright! - What a handsome fella he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2263702;
    Coco, my invisi-cat. she is very sweet in tiny visits, but stays under the bed mostly so far. Hopefully that will change before too long. (Like I said before, poor kitty--she is soooo homely, except for having the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen on a cat)

So far everything is going well; both the cats are declawed so no scratching, only one 'accident', and neither one tries to get on my counters or in my plate, so I'm happy, Rocky is happy, and Coco is starting to try to get happy.
    Oh I don't think Coco is homely. she has the most interesting colors and those eyes, oh what can I say about those eyes!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

QueenB Rocky is very handsome and Coco is not homely at all, she is just absolutely adorable.

How come guys always look more pulled-together than girls in their natural state anyway ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2263968;
    QueenB Rocky is very handsome and Coco is not homely at all, she is just absolutely adorable.

How come guys always look more pulled-together than girls in their natural state anyway ?

I don't know. Mona would always look rumpled when she woke up, Joey wakes up and not a strand of fur out of place. go figure
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm not sure where to put this!

But since it's about animal poo... maybe someone can help me out?

Wednesday morning we woke up to a living room floor covered in doggy diareah. Mr Nerd cleaned up a good deal of it with paper towels.

So I tell him, after work Wednesday night to bring me home his moms carpet shampooer. He didn't. Thursday after work he has band practice. So the poop stays another day. So finally LAST night he brings home the carpet shampooer... but failed to bring the carpet-shampoo! So here it is Saturday and our livingroom is still all poopy... now he's going to his friend's house for fight night after work. So I have to wash the carpet myself because Ash is returning home from Gramma's tomorrow and it's absolutely gross in here. I've just been staying out of the living room all together.

Do you think I can just use some other kid of cleaner? I don't want to use only water because I'm afraid it will just wet the poop spots and make it re-stinky. What about actual shampoo? :hmm
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I think I've heard of using Woolite in carpet shampoo machines.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

We've used a water and pine sol mixture in our steam cleaner as well as using it straight on "poopy" spots on our carpet with pretty good results.

I've had great success with this product OdoBan that is available at WalMart and Sam's. It not only deodorizes it also cleans, disinfects and sanitizes very well. What ever you use make sure you test it first in an inconspicuous place to make sure it doesn't ruin your carpet.

Hey thanks guys I have woolite and pine sol type stuff. I'll see what I can do.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread