+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Laurel was the runt and he's the bravest of the 2. Hardy is a wuss and runs and hides at the least little noise. Cracks me up every time. My daughter comes over every week and every week they run up the steps and hide for a few minutes before they come out to play. Big babies.

Myrosiedog - your cat is not feral, just hungry, cold, and very frightened. And probably has had a very difficult time fending for himself. It may take ages for the cat to trust anyone again. Whenever you see it. You put out food (something with strong smell and taste like Friskies) and make sure there is water available. And you wait. I had one stray that, even after five years, I could walk within a foot of him, but he would not let me touch. He came to eat. He slept in a box with blankets on our porch. I have three strays that eventually joined our household - one it took years to convince. She had also been abandoned by her people and continued to live near her old house. It is so heartbreaking, but often they will not let you help because they are so afraid. Our house has always been the collection point for stray cats - word must get around that there is a food lady here. My cats stay 95% inside, but I cannot resist feeding the ones with no people to care for them.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

misskitty asked me to post a picture of our dog Casey. As you can see he thinks he is a lap dog. The squishee is my Hubby. As you can also see He is the chosen human in Casey's life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by catmom3; 03-02-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: rotated pic.

my dog is afraid of loud noises. He always hides in my room whenever my dad is outside mowing the lawn. He also sits in the hall, faaaaaaaaar away from my dad when he's cleaning his shotgun. Mo can never be a hunting dog lol.

And I am SO happy! My mom found the bag of pig ears from Costco we bought around christmas time! Those things are a godsend, I tell you. I give one to Mokie when he's being especially anoying. He takes it and happily lays in the hallway, chewing it.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

catmom3 - cute pictures! Too funny. My dog is a Japanese Chin - bred to be a guard dog for the imperial palaces. When someone is outside or drives up, he barks (never otherwise, thank goodness) but once they're in the house he hides behind my legs. Unless, of course, that someone is my oldest daughter's best friend since kindergarten. She is now studying to be a missionary and you couldn't find a sweeter, gentler, more thoughtful person on the planet. Taro thinks she is the devil incarnate and starts growling and barking when her car pulls in the driveway and doesn't stop until she leaves. We can't figure it out unless she reminds him of someone before we got him at 3 years old.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2262342;
    misskitty asked me to post a picture of our dog Casey. As you can see he thinks he is a lap dog. The squishee is my Hubby. As you can also see He is the chosen human in Casey's life.

That IS a lap dog you silly people...

On another note, Life cycles as usual Joey & I are doing well and I must share something. As you all may recall, after Mona was laid to rest on Jan 31, Joey refused to go ON her chair even after I washed the covers etc., well here is a little food for thought:

When Joey was adopted, Mona growled so much for that first MONTH, that she had laryngitis. It has now been a MONTH since Mona was laid to rest. Joey has jumped on Monas' chair for the first time and is now laying down, he was looking around after he laid down, but is now beginning to fall asleep. Life cycles.

I have a lump in my throat, gabriel. You keep giving Joey all that love - and talk about Mona to him. When I was at my mom's, her cat Ralph (pronounced like a cat meowing) came right up to me. My dad loved that cat and spent a lot of time petting him and fussing over him. I looked at Ralph and said, "I bet you miss my dad, don't you?" He looked up at me with big, serious eyes like he understood and followed me around the whole time I was there.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2262516;
    I have a lump in my throat, gabriel. You keep giving Joey all that love - and talk about Mona to him. When I was at my mom's, her cat Ralph (pronounced like a cat meowing) came right up to me. My dad loved that cat and spent a lot of time petting him and fussing over him. I looked at Ralph and said, "I bet you miss my dad, don't you?" He looked up at me with big, serious eyes like he understood and followed me around the whole time I was there.
    Oh he understood you. I talk to Joey about Mona, not constantly mind you, but I talk to him and I see a difference in his eyes when I mention "your sister" or Mona. I just adore the name Ralph for a cat, don't ask me why. Oh and PS: Joey now has the SOFTEST FUR! Daddy has to buy another brush because this one is wearing out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

catmom: Thanks for posting those photos. Casey is a big boy! But he looks so comfortable on your hubby's lap, who also looks comfortable with Casey! I can't imagine a kitty that big on my lap.

gabriel: It's so nice to continue to hear stories from you. Yes, true about cycles. I'm sure Joey knows it's ok to be on Mona's chair. Joey looks like he has soft fur, especially on his white tummy. Snowflake had the same kind of tummy; white and fluffy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This is great therapy when you aren't feeling very well. The soothing sounds of a purring cat curled up in your lap.

+ Reply to Thread