+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My cat used to have this phobia about my comb and my not-running hair dryer. All I had to do was just show either item to her, and she would take off running! And, no, I never harassed her with either. I'd say "Gail...look."; she was out of there. Silly goose! This same kitty liked to sit on the edge of the sink while I was getting ready for work in the morning, and watch me put on what little make-up I wore. She would really concentrate on what I was doing, like she was taking "girl lessons". When I finished, she'd go on her merry way!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    prhoshay, Gail!? Adore.able name!

Kizzy, my all black queen of 7 1/2 yrs.. loves the bathroom too. But she doesn't wear makeup.
    She's way into talking, rubbing and touching. VERY touchy feely-love. Alwayss reaching out and telling me why I need to touch her. She won't take no as an anser either. :nono HUG.ME.NOW.DAMN.IT.
    I'd probably have better hygene if it weren't for her.

Nothing is a phobia, even the blowdryer doesn't get her away. She gets HER way.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2259338;
    Today is my dog Mokie's birthday! He is 4 years old. I wish I could have gotten him a new chew toy for his birthday, but I didnt have time. I guess I shall just have to oew him one! And if you think remembering my dog's birthday is bad, my sister is ever worse. She sent out cards with her dog's picture on them for her dogs 1st birthday.

Sorry for the belated message. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOKIE!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2260811;
    Boris will chase Labradors but is terrified of bugs. Last night there was a dead housefly next to his bed and he just sat there whining, looking at the fly, looking at his bed, looking at me as if to say "mom, get this thing away from my spot!". He would not get onto that cushion until I took the fly away. He also will let me know when there is a spider around.
    Joey does the same thing, well except chase Labradors. Spiders, flies, bugs, he sits staring at them until DADDY who HATES bugs, gets them, then he gets this look on his face like "what did you do that for?"

Happy birthday, Mokie!

I just returned from taking Howard, my big dopey dog (the one currently in my av and profile), to the vet to update his vaccinations, and we found out he weighs 97 lbs. The vet said he's healthy, just a big boy. Now one might think a 97 lb. dog would be a beast to be reckoned with, but in his case, they'd be wrong. He's a wimp. He's afraid of the snapping open of trash bags, anything new in the house even small delivery boxes, the vacuum, my hairdryer and yes, even a housefly can send him running. Not surprisingly he's a whining, quaking lump of fur at the vet's, and tries to climb in the laps of every tech who comes near him (they took some pictures of him for their wall ). He's been sleeping for the last two hours, totally exhausted from the stressful adventure.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Don't call Howard dopey. he just marches to the beat of a different drummer.
    I think it's cute what you told us about.

gabriel: you sneezed and Joey jumped?

Gut, prhoshay, Maveno: My kitties tolerate the hair dryer but they don't like it. It's a signal to them that I'm in the bedroom. And Mr. Tootles always has to get a drink from the sink if I'm in the bathroom; no makeup though.

cricketeen: Boris is such a funny little guy. I'd love to see him go after a lab! My Snowy used to love spiders. She'd find one in the basement and watch it all night long.

roseskid: I think that Howard is very handsome. Especially in black.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Roses, I just love Howard the Coward.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2261749;
    Roses, I just love Howard the Coward.
    Blasphemy! Howard isnít a coward, heís just cautious. (and cute too)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

No, actually Uncle David, he is very much Howard the Coward and has earned that beloved nickname many times over. He's a lover not a fighter.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Funny about critters! Greta and Ella are from the same litter. Ella was the runt of the litter, but other than that, they had pretty much the same experiences from birth. And yet, Greta is completely fearless while Ella is terrified with almost everything.

ETA: Actually, Ella is terrified of everything.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread