+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I don't think a house cat would have gone feral just since December. Don't give up!
    Count your blessings!

Just a quick pop in to say hello, I'm a sort of newbie, got caught by real life and haven't been in for a bit. Consider yourselves meowed a hello by three feline family members (my top cat, however, is the girl of my avatar LOL!)
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Hi Jazzie, That's a pretty girl in your avatar
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    There's a lot of kitty avatars around here.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Burntbrat: Happy birthday to Mokie!

Welcome Jazzie: Tell us more about your three kitties please!

My kitts know I'm sick. They come to bed with me even though I'm coughing and sniffling and sound like a hoarse, er, horse. The first time I had a coughing fit Mr. Tootles looked at me like, what is that sound??!! And if you are going to do that all night I might just not stay. He did leave when I took all the covers. And I mean alll the covers to hide under.

I hope they can't catch my cold. Do animals catch colds or flu from people? Any one know?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2257582;
    There is a stray cat in our neighborhood. Back in Dec. the owner died. She lived alone, never married, never had kids. Her family came and cleaned out the house, but did nothing about the cat. My neighbor was feeding it, but then it disappeared for a while. THe past week, its back and its so sad. One of the back legs is hurt and its limping on 3 legs and you can see its ribs. I have tried to get close to it and it is amazingly fast on 3 legs. It's now a feral cat I'm afraid. I feel so badly for it, but I haven't been able to get close to it.
    I finally called the animal control people and they said they could bring out a trap when one becomes available, but they didn't know when that would be.
    It breaks my heart to know this cat is starving and suffering from an injured leg.
    ANYONE have any suggestions. I have put food out, but the other cats have been eating it. These are the neighbors with outside cats that are being fed at their own homes.
    I just want to cry when I see this cat. I want to help it, but its very skittish and I just don't know what else I can do.
    Any suggestions?
    There are no-kill shelters everywhere, that have the resources (and skill) to help this cat. The key word there being NO-KILL. Very dedicated people volunteer at these places and they will do everything in their power to take care of that cat, give it care, and make sure it's not euthanized. Even if your county doesn't have one, you can try a county over or so, because these kind-hearted people will go out of their way to help animals. Give the cat a chance. I'm sure if you ask around (in your town, or even here on FORT) that you can find a no-kill shelter to assist with this cat.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2260633;
    Burntbrat: Happy birthday to Mokie!

Welcome Jazzie: Tell us more about your three kitties please!

My kitts know I'm sick. They come to bed with me even though I'm coughing and sniffling and sound like a hoarse, er, horse. The first time I had a coughing fit Mr. Tootles looked at me like, what is that sound??!! And if you are going to do that all night I might just not stay. He did leave when I took all the covers. And I mean alll the covers to hide under.

I hope they can't catch my cold. Do animals catch colds or flu from people? Any one know?

I don't think they can catch your cold. You better get well soon there missy!

I sneezed and Joey ran and was like - why did you do that?

I started a lifesaving course last night and was blow-drying my hair in bed. My cat freaked. (My dog on the other hand loves to have me dry him after a bath). When I was done, I called the cat back and settled in. A few minutes later I opened my eyes and she was still glaring at me.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2260723;
    I started a lifesaving course last night and was blow-drying my hair in bed. My cat freaked. (My dog on the other hand loves to have me dry him after a bath). When I was done, I called the cat back and settled in. A few minutes later I opened my eyes and she was still glaring at me.

Oh I think you can expect that for at least a day or until you give the feline a treat or some food.....

Boris will chase Labradors but is terrified of bugs. Last night there was a dead housefly next to his bed and he just sat there whining, looking at the fly, looking at his bed, looking at me as if to say "mom, get this thing away from my spot!". He would not get onto that cushion until I took the fly away. He also will let me know when there is a spider around.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread