+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 1750 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455951455451045 ... LastLast
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I am so sorry to hear that! lifes a bear when it throws you curves like that! take care and give yourself a hug from me.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Thank you all for your posts and PM's. It really helped. Yesterday was the second most difficult day of my life. It's strange that only 5 days ago Wendy was running around playing "chicken" with me. We did everything we could (as long as we were assured that she wasn't in pain). But, she was in pain yesterday...she was having seizure...and she wasn't going to survive without brain damage, blindness and a whole list of other problems.

So we made the decision. I know we did everything we could - she had great care in the doggie hospital. Your posts helped me get through the day yesterday!

Unk, thank you for that poem (although I cry everytime I read it...I am such a whimp ). That poem has been a Godsend. Everytime my brain starts playing that inner-video of the seizures that I saw - I mentally grab the remote and visualize the Rainbow Bridge I'm imagining Wendy up there running and playing with my daughter's dogs that are gone from earth now. What a great visual.

So, back to our regular programming...cute cat Unk! This is a great thread!! We get to share about our furry families
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Kaicee, I'm sorry to hear that!
    We are going to have to do the same thing with my childhood cat, Figment. We've had her since I, when I was 12, picked her out at the animal shelter. But now she's about 17, and the vet said this week she has a tumor in her mouth. She's down to five pounds, can't eat much and is drooling. So I'm making an emergency trip home this weekend to see her and say goodbye. I don't know if we're going to take her to the vet while I'm there, or if my mom is going to wait until she seems to be in real pain.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Oh, Lucy! I am so sorry!! You have had Figment for a long time...she is part of you!! I'm trying to console myself with the knowledge that Vets can help our furry ones when the pain gets bad... I'm here for you if you need a shoulder
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh Lucy Love -- I'm so sorry.

I have two boys (cats), brothers, about three years old. They ARE my life. I couldn't imagine losing either of them, even though I've only had them a short time. And your poor mom -- sending lots of love to each of you.

Kaicee -- I'm sending you my love too.

Lucy, I'm sorry tp hear about your kitty. I had to do the same with my kitty Cinnamon. He was a good boy and his "brother" Tigger who I still have misses him bunches. Hugs to you.

Sorry to hear about your kitty, Lucy.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Lucy....so sorry to hear about Figment, just remember that he lived a good long life and had lots of love. hugs around

Thanks, you guys.
    Figgie will be going to the vet tomorrow morning. The poor thing, she looked just miserable. Her lower jaw, where the tumor is, was all swollen, and it must itch her because she kept rubbing it on things. She weighs about five pounds, she can't eat, she can't purr, she can barely drink water. But I got to see her, and she slept in my room last night.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, I'm glad you got to see her even though it was hard on you.

+ Reply to Thread