+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Myrosiedog - I think you are just wonderful for adopting Waldo. He looks like a cute wonderful addition, and that part about Rosie guarding the food had me laughing.
    Unk -Laurel & Hardy are hilarious just doing what cats do - OWN THE PLACE!
    Nemeses- That picture is priceless. The looks on those feline faces are worth a thousand words.
    Last edited by just1paul; 02-22-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Well we discovered last night Waldo is not a car dog. Last night downtown had an "art walk" and the galleries stayed open late and there was live music. We decided to go. First we had to catch Waldo and lift him in the car. Rosie and Bogie run out and jump in the car as soon as you say: "Do you want to GO?". He drooled huge amounts all the way there. But he was good on the leash and all the dogs got lots of attention from everyone downtown. We get in the car to come home, don't go 3 blocks and Waldo throws up. And I don't mean a little either. Thank goodness we had paper towels in the car. So I guess Waldo is going to have to stay home as it appears he is carsick.
    Anyone have a dog like that? Can you get stuff from the vet for that? I'm thinking if we were to go on a trip or something with him we'd need something to keep that from happening again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I never had a dog that got carsick, but I know vets have stuff to give dogs when they need to fly in airplanes to prevent airsickness, so I don't see why they wouldn't have stuff for dogs that get sick in cars.

I love looking at all the pet pictures here. They just warm the heart and lift my mood.

myrosie - congrats on getting Waldo! He sounds like he'll add a lot of excitement to the home. He may be getting carsick because he associates getting in the car with bad experiences. Maybe you can do some short trial runs with him with lots of positive reinforcement before, during, and after the trip. Or like ScoutMom said, ask the vet for something. With all the stuff on the market these days there's probably something. Also, do you have room in the car to crate him? Maybe he'd be more relaxed in a crate and if he did get sick it would be easier to clean.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

MRD
    if I crated him in the car, there wouldn't be room for anyone else in the backseat (my daughter). I'm going to call our vet and ask about something as I am not dealing with that amount of yak again.

I talked to the friend we got him from and both of us think that maybe he was dropped off and not lost. He's afraid of my husband and was of hers too, but neither one have done anything for him to be afraid of. He will NOT get on the furniture, but my daughter saw him on the couch and as soon as he saw her, he got down, so I'm thinking that the family that had him that dropped him off (I hate that) was pretty rough with him, which is a shame as he's just a big sweet baby. But I am seeing things that kind of make me think they couldn't handle him and just let him go. He does need to learn a few things, but they really aren't bad things, he's not a bad dog, just really spirited.

Rosie has tried to play with him, but now he's scared of her and runs from her. He seems to be scared of a lot of things which also leads me to believe that he was not treated well previously. But he's landed in a good place and he will get the love and attention he deserves and we can deal with the little things and hopefully he will be less afraid as time goes on.
    Bogie still acts like we have done something to seriously annoy him on purpose by getting another dog. And he "guards" me from Waldo. He's not aggressive, but he sticks to me like glue now, even worse than he did before and its like if he's constantly with me, then Waldo won't come close to me.

Not taking him back in the car anytime soon though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Maybe if you can get him over his car sickness, and now that your daugther is working and has a little cash, she and Waldo could enroll in an obedience course. He sounds like he may just need some obedience training. If you or your daughter are knowledgeable enough, you could even do it yourself. He was probably not an inside dog and doesn't know what to do with furniture. I hope your dogs will be able to accept him and not have any fights. If anything, at least you're rehabilitating him and helping him get to know loving people. So even if it doesn't work out for you to keep him, you can at least help find him another home with people as caring as you.

ETA, I forgot you got him from some friends who were good to him as well. So maybe he will start to come around and learn that not all families are mean.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2251552;
    Ok, I will admit I have no other reason to post this other than to share it with anyone who hasn't seen it.. because I just every time I look at this pic. Every time I look at it, a dozen more captions come to mind for it, and it's about the cutest/funniest pic I've ever seen. So please allow me to share?

Oh, I love this pic, just can't tell ya how much, especially the look on the kitten's face on the left.. although the long-suffering cat in the middle has a great typical cat expression too.
    I know you have this picture in a frame, don't you?? It doesn't get any cuter that this. I Love It!!! Wonder if that cat tastes like chicken??
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-22-2007 at 11:43 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    That picture is fantastic!!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

That is hilarious . That is definitely one implacable pussycat.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2251571;
    Reminds me of boy Chauncy I used to have. The poor old cats used to be soaking wet when he had finished playing with them, yet they always came back for more.
    I used to feed my 'boys' at the same time. Seamus the dog and George the cat. Being a dog Seamus would wolf his food in short order while George was still taking his time.

If it turned out to be a particularly boring day Seamus would then sidle over to George and start humping him. Now Seamus was a large dog so no contact was made, but it was darn funny to watch.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread