+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD
    Well ever notice how fate has a way of biting you in the butt when you least expect it?

Remember my husband and daughter wanting another dog? Well, we now have Waldo and it came about in such a way, that it ended up being my decision.

We have friends on the other side of town that found a stray dog. They advertised, put flyers up, called the pound, etc. After a few weeks decided that even though the dog had a collar and was obviously well cared for, that no one was going to claim it. She took it to the vet, got it shots, etc. Vet says he thinks its a Golden Retriver/Chow mix about 18 months old. Healthy, etc.
    She buys bowls, food, leash, bed, toys, etc. Then finds out they are moving and can't take the dog. Calls me in tears. I picked him up yesterday. I guess if we are getting another dog, getting a free one that comes with EVERYTHING including a 20 lb bag of food is the way to go. He's not THAT big. Not as big as my parents Golden Retriver was. Vet says he won't grow anymore. He's very goofy and friendly, my daughter LOVES him.

Rosie and Bogie have not been out of my lap since he arrived. Their noses are severly out of joint, but they'll eventually get over it. They are not aggressive, just not happy. He could care less, he's the goofiest thing I've ever seen. Happy, housetrained, won't get on the furniture, just adorable. Great big old baby actually.

NEver say never as it always comes back to get you.

Here's some photos of Waldo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh Waldo is adorable!!! You can definitely see the Chow in him from the side angle picture! Hopefully Bogie and Rosie will get their noses back in joint real soon!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    I forgot to add that Rosie thought she had hit the dog food lottery last night.
    My friend bought the biggest dog bowl I have EVER seen. I could bathe Rosie in it, its so huge.

So I tell my daughter to take the bowl and dog in her room to feed him. She FILLS the bowl. I doubt Waldo could eat that much food in 5 days.

Well, I get ready to go to bed and can't find Rosie or Bogie. She is sitting in front of this bowl "guarding" it. Bogie is behind her and trying to stretch his neck to even sniff it and when he does, she growls. Her ears were flat and she was definetly not letting anyone near this big bowl of food. She wasn't eating it, but by god, no one else was either! It was hysterical.

He's too cute and just as happy as he can be. Definetly has the Golden Retriever personality.

It's a good thing that I avoid adoption day anywhere or we'd have 10 dogs. I am such a sucker. But like I said, he was free with all the accessories. Barbie doesn't even come that way!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rosie - I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. Waldo looks adorable! Everything will settle back to normal before you even know it!

A friend of mine at work became a member of the Seeing Eye Puppy Project. They got a beautiful black lab puppy about two years ago. They kept him for about a year, had to teach him normal obedience commands, and then after the year was up, they had to give him up to go to "seeing eye puppy school" to be trained as a seeing eye dog. He used to bring Prinze to work as part of his training. He was absolutely ADORABLE! We were all upset when Prinze left to go to puppy school.

Shortly after that, the family received a call from the puppy project people asking if they could take Sophie. Sophie had been with another family, but the family was moving and they couldn't take Sophie. Well, Sophie didn't get great training with her first family, so my friend and his family had their work cut out for them.

So now they have Cassidy (their golden lab family pet) and Sophie. Don't you know a few weeks after Sophie moved in, they got a call from the puppy project people saying Prinze failed the physical portion of the training! (Apparently, he has something called a collapsible larnyx or something like that, so they can't train him properly.) When that happens, the puppies are offered (for FREE) to the families that had them for the first year. So Prinze went back "home".

So now they have Cassidy, Sophie AND Prinze. All labs. It was mahem at their house for a while. But now Sophie has gone on for her training, so we'll see what happens!

Waldo is adorable. No wonder you couldn't say no.

One small dog is plenty for me, I can't imagine three. And three Labs ? Whoah!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Waldo is precious! I am sure this is one of those blessings in disguise...for you guys, and him! Almost makes me wish I was a dog person.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

gabriel: I'm very glad to know that Ms. Mona is back with you safe and sound by a sunny window!

myrosiedog: Waldo is too cute. What a sweet looking fella he is! I'm glad that Rosie and Bogie are trying to accept their new pal.

bbnbama: Izzie has such a terrific look! You should tell your brother to put him in the Westminster! He'd win for sure!

Scoutmom: Wow 3 gorgeous labs! They would make a nice family photo at Christmas!

Unk: It's nice to hear what the twin's are up to! Cute that the neighbors watch window watching too!
    ----------

Gracie slept with me last night!!

I just got home after being away 6 days which is the longest I've been gone for years. I had heard she had taken over the bed and she did. She nuzzled right up to me and was tucked in between my side and my arm. And she purred. Big Time. And Mr. Tootles didn't bother us. I didn't sleep much because I didn't want to move.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-21-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Waldo looks like a fine pup mrd. I certainly miss having one around. I'm sure the boys would have a blast with their own pet.
    As you can tell, it's the middle of the night. My sleep schedule is a total disaster since my hospitalization last week. Do you think the boys care? Heck no, they just have more room in the bed tight now.

Ok, I will admit I have no other reason to post this other than to share it with anyone who hasn't seen it.. because I just every time I look at this pic. Every time I look at it, a dozen more captions come to mind for it, and it's about the cutest/funniest pic I've ever seen. So please allow me to share?

Oh, I love this pic, just can't tell ya how much, especially the look on the kitten's face on the left.. although the long-suffering cat in the middle has a great typical cat expression too.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Reminds me of boy Chauncy I used to have. The poor old cats used to be soaking wet when he had finished playing with them, yet they always came back for more.

+ Reply to Thread