+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here's 2 more pics of Izzy, my brothers puppy.....she is so precious!

Look at that face on that baby!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Too cute bb! Is it time for you to get a little one also?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2248329;
    Too cute bb! Is it time for you to get a little one also?
    I would love to have one but my cat, Tommy, has FIV and I don't think its a good idea to bring another animal into the home. So, I'll just love on Izzy like crazy and her Aunt BB will spoil her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Being an aunt or an uncle is a very good thing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Izzy is precious!

Gabriel - I am so glad that you found a peaceful spot for Mona. To answer your earlier question about Henry - his vet says he is fine as long (no pun intended) as he is under twenty pounds. He's cutting that pretty close and we are keeping an eye on what he eats and also on our own food because he is well-known for snatching "human food" out of people's hands.

We bathe our dogs about every three weeks. They both hate baths. I wish they made a Febreze for dogs.

I do have a question. Does anyone have a dog that constantly licks everything? Our elderly (13) Jack Russell has started this highly annoying habit of licking couch cushions, floors, himself, us, and whatever else he can find. It's driving me insane. He does have a vet appointment later this month, and I plan to ask about this, but I wondered if anyone here had dealt with a situation like this.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2248358;
    We bathe our dogs about every three weeks. They both hate baths. I wish they made a Febreze for dogs.
    I have to trick my dog. I can't even run the bath water because he just knows when it's for him. Now I have to scoop him up while he's resting, then take him to the bathroom. I'm a bit lazy and don't bathe him but maybe once a month. And because he has dry skin I use dog shampoos especially for dry skin.

There is a groomers cologne product. I have a bottle and it has a nice scent to use in between bathing. I think I got my bottle at Walmart but I've seen similar products at the big chain pet stores like Petsmart. I have to get that out when he's outside because when he sees me reach into "the bin" (where all things doggy are) he runs because he knows it usually means a pill or flea spot or something else he won't like .

I can't help you with the licking other than there is a spray that is bitter to keep dogs from chewing or licking. But since he's doing it on everything, it would be hard to spray your whole house. He may be craving some sort of nutrient. It's good you're taking him to the vet.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I do have a question. Does anyone have a dog that constantly licks everything? Our elderly (13) Jack Russell has started this highly annoying habit of licking couch cushions, floors, himself, us, and whatever else he can find. It's driving me insane. He does have a vet appointment later this month, and I plan to ask about this, but I wondered if anyone here had dealt with a situation like this.
    Febreze for dogs - Funny! Boris gets a bath when he smells. He has very dry skin, too, so we were told not to overdo it.

He licks a lot, too. His paws most of all. Our vet said he probably has a skin allergy and had me give him some doggy antihistamine, but it didn't work. I came to the conclusion it is just his hobby, as he also goes to town on his cushions, carpet and any part of our bodies he can get at and chewies didn't help reduce it any. I let it go except when he is licking the carpet. That I make him stop.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Izzy is precious!

Gabriel - I am so glad that you found a peaceful spot for Mona. To answer your earlier question about Henry - his vet says he is fine as long (no pun intended) as he is under twenty pounds. He's cutting that pretty close and we are keeping an eye on what he eats and also on our own food because he is well-known for snatching "human food" out of people's hands.

our jack russell's lick constantly and always have. Rosie likes to like my legs after I get out of the shower, drives me insane. They lick the floor, furniture, each other. I think its just the nature of the breed maybe.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's such a joy to pull up to the house and see the boys sitting on their bench in the front window waiting for me to come home. They're too cute sitting there. My neighbors call them the twins. I think they're getting spoiled by my being off on medical leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2248924;
    It's such a joy to pull up to the house and see the boys sitting on their bench in the front window waiting for me to come home. They're too cute sitting there. My neighbors call them the twins. I think they're getting spoiled by my being off on medical leave.
    I always come in through the garage, but when I do, there she is… Greta, with her sleepy eyes waiting to say hi. She doesn't sleep there. But when she hears the sound of the garage door she must bolt, still asleep, from here place on the rug in front of the fireplace.

When I see her sitting there with half opened eyes it warms my heart.

+ Reply to Thread