+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Of course it doesn't ever leave you, but you do somehow get through the hardest parts. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2245405;
    They're a couple of big ol' sweeties,
    Thanks Unk!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2245422;
    PGM35: Wowza! Is Buddy ever big...and tall! Long legs! What a cutie. Buddy looks like a big softie!
    I think you mean D.Bo - but yes, he does have long legs! He is so lanky, his nickname is Skinny Cow! He is as tall as he will get but he will put on more pounds. He already weighs 55lbs, while Buddy weighs 66 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2245423;
    Those are a couple of big beautiful canines there PGM35. Thanks for posting
    Thanks gabriel! We love them to death.

They get the run of the house when we are there but D.Bo is crated when we are gone and when it's bedtime (or he would eat us out of house and home literally). There is nothing that dog won't put in his mouth. He must have been a billy goat in his prior life.

Buddy is a big ole softie. We joke that he is the little old crotchety man of the house. He is very "thick" and meaty and will do the butt flop in bed against me usually. He sleeps on my side with me or at the foot of my bed - I am only 4ft10in so he has more room at the foot of my side of the bed since Mike is 6ft tall. LOL If he is ready for bed, and has picked his spot, and MIke and I are still talking about our day or the next day or whatever, we'll hear Buddy let out a big sigh as if to say, will ya'll quiet down, it's time to sleep! He is always a little heater, he's so cuddly and warm to sleep next to. I don't think I'm going to enjoy his sleeping with us in the Summertime!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Question for the dog people: How often do you bathe your dogs? I know it can be a bit of a job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I used to bathe my dog every week. Back then we lived at the beach and he was in the salt water all the time. It wrecked havoc with his skin and fur, plus the fleas were terrible. I really had no choice but to bathe him that often.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2245743;
    Kitchen counters and table are off limits to my cats, but everything else is ok. Then again, I don't allow my daughter on either of those, either. It just seems unsanitary to have any being walking on the counters or the table.
    But, but ... don't they need to get on the counter in order to get on top of the frig ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2247951;
    But, but ... don't they need to get on the counter in order to get on top of the frig ?

Just so!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Or the breakfast bar next to the frig to get on the frig to get into the cabinet...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    We bathe our dogs usually every 2-3 weeks and more often if it warrants it (like someone has rolled in something nasty or we've been to the park or beach or something and they get dirtier than sniffing around the bushes in my backyard)
    They don't like it one bit either. And we have to get out the heating pad for Rosie after a bath as the Queen is cold.

Speaking of the Queen, she has added duties to her "staff".

Both of the dogs don't stand and eat at their bowls. They like to get a mouthful of food and bring it to where we are, drop it on the floor and eat it and then go get another mouthful, etc. This has gone on for years. We figure they don't like to eat alone.

Well Bogie has started bringing his mouthful in and putting it in his dog bed and standing there eating it. Now Rosie waits for him and when he drops the mouthful in the bed, she nudges him over and starts eating it. He goes back to the kitchen for more and brings it right back and she eats it and we sit there and laugh as he will NOT snap or growl at her at all. He just keeps bringing the food and lazy Rosie doesn't have to work for it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OK MRD! I was with you on the bed thing, but you lost me at the 'mouthful on the floor'.

Too much crap on top of my fridge for them to fit up there, too. The big one hides in the cabinets, the little one hides under my desk on my feet.

+ Reply to Thread