+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2240359;
    Poor Boris! The snow is up over his shoulders now. We had to shovel the deck, steps and a little potty spot for him. Never in my life did I think I'd be shoveling snow for a dog. He comes back to the house a lot faster now - no sniffing around to see who invaded his yard when he wasn't looking.
    Don't feel bad cricketeen. I have a 8 year old Lab that for the first time in a long time is in need of pee and pooh paths. You have to know that this dog is so tall he can rest his head on the dining room table. He did manage to pee before we snowblowed paths but he had his leg so high it looked like he was resting his foot on top of the snow. He didn't do the other until we did the pathways all over the yard. Who wants to squat in 2 feet snow drifts for that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Poor Boris! The snow is up over his shoulders now. We had to shovel the deck, steps and a little potty spot for him. Never in my life did I think I'd be shoveling snow for a dog. He comes back to the house a lot faster now - no sniffing around to see who invaded his yard when he wasn't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2241542;
    Don't feel bad cricketeen. I have a 8 year old Lab that for the first time in a long time is in need of pee and pooh paths. You have to know that this dog is so tall he can rest his head on the dining room table. He did manage to pee before we snowblowed paths but he had his leg so high it looked like he was resting his foot on top of the snow. He didn't do the other until we did the pathways all over the yard. Who wants to squat in 2 feet snow drifts for that.
    Aaawwe. We blew paths all around and in case it gets really cold again, cleared a pretty big circle closer to the house ... and my Miniature Poodle wouldn't venture out of the circle and through the path until my SO walked with her ! The snow on either side of the path is higher than her so I guess she feared an avalanche and he had to make the test run. She is too funny. I'll have to get a picture of her in the snow.

I used to have a lab mix who would run through the paths, come closer to the house for elimination ( for our convenience, of course ) ... and then stand on top of the hardened snow drifts like Queen of the Hill. She was a joy ... and absolutely fearless.
    Last edited by echo226; 02-15-2007 at 02:37 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

M_shelll
    He will be turning 16 this year
    That's wonderful! My kitty is going to be 21 this June.

Cat Lovers and Experts needed

I have a neighbor who's cats go out. Apparently one or both of them think behind my bushes is their outdoor litter box. The owner lady is sweet, elderly and reclusive and I wouldn't dream of complaining, so we just clean it up ... but it's a pain, and as you know that scent could draw other less welcome critters. I think they may come there to await the arrival of the birds who come to my house for a morning drink after eating breakfast at my neighbor's.

Does anyone have any ideas for a deterrent that will not harm the cats ? Someone said coffee grounds ? I also read that orange peels would work but I'd have to peel a lot of oranges, and I don't really want to throw garbage behind the bushes, so I sprayed some orange-scented cleaning stuff once and that actually worked for a while. I just want a more permanent fix. I considered putting some screening down (so they couldn't dig) and covering it lightly with dirt ... but I've been thinking the cats might cut their feet or catch a nail or something. Anyone have any great ideas ? I really like the cats and the owner who as said is a sweetheart, and animal lover .... but don't want my house to be the neighborhood wildlife porta-potty.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Sorry I didn't get back to your email Miss Kitty. Been super busy since you sent it.

Hey all! Thought I'd reintroduce you to the girls. Greta's growing like a weed, but true to her 'runt of the litter' status my sweet Ella is still pretty petite.

Don't have time to check the thread now. I'll try to come back later and catch up on all the animal news.

Love to you all,

D.

Can't really tell the size difference in this photo.

Greta will sit for ages just watching the water flow in the automatic water dish so I decided to get her a fish tank to watch. Ella loves to watch and play with the fish, but Greta prefers to sit on top of the tank and watch the water filter. Go figure.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh Uncle David...they are both beautiful girls with such shiny coats! I love the one on the fish tank. I have a turtle tank with 3 turtles in it and my cat could care less about the turtles, the tank, the filter..none of it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

i love animals i had a hole bunch of animals i had 12 fish 3 dogs 3 cats plus my 2 i have now so 5 cats 6 budgies and 1 rabbit so i adore animals

Uncle David, welcome back.

I have really missed seeing your gorgeous girls. Greta is getting more beautiful. I love her face.
    Ella may be small but she is really a very elegant cat. I also have a small (7 pounds) all black cat. You know that every girl must have a little black dress to be really elegant.

echo - Try moth balls. Animals don't like the smell, and it's not harmful to the plants/soil. At least, it worked for us! Good luck.

MRD
    It does work. I got the same advice here and the neighborhood cats have found another bathroom in someone elses yard.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread