+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My vet uses a crematorium that puts the ashes in a nice little wooden box with their name engraved on a brass plate. They also give you a plaster cast of their paw print with their name and date on it. When I had my dog Chauncy euthanized they just gave me a cheap tin urn in a cloth bag. They said they could have it redone for me in the new box. I've got to get that done.

Poor Boris! The snow is up over his shoulders now. We had to shovel the deck, steps and a little potty spot for him. Never in my life did I think I'd be shoveling snow for a dog. He comes back to the house a lot faster now - no sniffing around to see who invaded his yard when he wasn't looking.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

gabriel - I'm glad your family will be with you when you get Mona's ashes. I'm sure it will be another difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2240740;
    gabriel - I'm glad your family will be with you when you get Mona's ashes. I'm sure it will be another difficult time.
    I'm actually hoping it won't be, as I'm trying to do my "let's laugh and remember something that she did like knocking Joey over" attitude.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I know what you mean. My female cat is always starting something with the male cat. She never learns that he can (and does) kick her butt!!! As soon as he starts winning (which doesn't take long), she runs away.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Can I just say as the Mama of an English Springer Spaniel, Abbie and I are extremely happy that James the English Springer won Westminster!!!

I swear, I'm like a proud mother. I woke up this morning and saw James on the news and woke Abbie up to tell her. Of course, she glared at me and went right back to snoring. However, once she really woke up, she was as happy as me

Congratulations James!!!

prhoshay: yes, kitties do Choose what they want to do! I say then we have a competition for the staff of cats! I'm up for jumping over things and crawling through tubes! Anyone else?!!

gabriel: I hope you feel some comfort having Ms. Mona's ashes with you. I'm glad your Mom and Dad are continuing to help you through this time.
    Anyway I sent in for and am awaiting the official form that Monas' THE LOOK picture that I took will be copyrighted, so I have exclusive control over it.
    What an excellent idea gabriel! The Look certainly belongs to Ms. Mona!

Congratualtions James on winning the Westminister! That is huge!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2240359;
    Poor Boris! The snow is up over his shoulders now. We had to shovel the deck, steps and a little potty spot for him. Never in my life did I think I'd be shoveling snow for a dog. He comes back to the house a lot faster now - no sniffing around to see who invaded his yard when he wasn't looking.
    Well no snow here in Alabama, but it's plenty cold and my dog doesn't like it. She hates cold and rain (and I can't say I'm a big fan of either myself), so even when she has to go, she won't set foot outside. She just stands there in the doorway until I shove her outside and close the door so she has to go.

The thing is that she's not a little dog. She's a Doberman/German shepherd mix that weighs 60 pounds, so pushing her out the door isn't an easy task. You'd think a dog that big wouldn't be bothered by rain and cold, but she doesn't know she's a big dog. She thinks she's still the little 5 pound puppy that I brought home 16 months ago.

I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago, and the people in back of me have horses in their back yard. Anytime one of them gets too close to the backyard fence, she goes nuts barking at them. I guess she thinks the horses are just really big dogs. Of course, the horses just kind of look at her like "Who are you?" and go back to chewing grass.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fogey
    marybethp, when I saw something on TV about the dog show I thought of you because I remembered you had a Springer!!!

THE POMERANIANS (Powder, Tuxedo, and Smudge) and I are really having a blast with Misty, our newest member of The Dog Pack.

I took the three dogs over to visit my elderly parents today and just watching this crazy, new Pom do her silly, high-energy antics made us c-r-a-c-k r-i-g-h-t u-p!!!

Here's a picture of the whole gang on The Dog Chair (notice the doggy steps leading up to it -- dang, they're so spoiled), which was taken during Misty's first few days. They're all a lot more comfy together nowadays so I'll have to take more pics.

and smudge thinks he is a pomeranian.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread