+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Check out snopes.....the cats were NOT painted!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/paintedcats.asp

The article is rather long and there are a bunch of pictures, so I am not going to copy and paste.

Apparently there is a tabletop book called Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics

Still, I think the pics are cool!

The 2007 Westminster Dog Show has started. My daughter and I are watching last night's events on today's broadcast on USA network. Good thing to do on a day off of school.

I've seen the book Why Cat's Paint. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. I know elephants paint, so why not cats?

I think there should be a Westminster CAT show! Why not? Cats are very athletic, competative, and cute as heck too!
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-13-2007 at 03:07 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The boys hate me now. I just took them out in the snow. They've never been in snow. I don't think they'll ever do it again. Maybe some day they'll come out from under the bed again. Poor things. Laurel tried to run away. Don't know where he thought he going, but he was going somewhere other than where he was. Hardy, the big sissy, just meowed that deep mournful meow that cats do and crouched real low. I opened the front door for him and he was off like a rocket. I feel so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239962;
    The boys hate me now. I just took them out in the snow. They've never been in snow. I don't think they'll ever do it again. Maybe some day they'll come out from under the bed again. Poor things. Laurel tried to run away. Don't know where he thought he going, but he was going somewhere other than where he was. Hardy, the big sissy, just meowed that deep mournful meow that cats do and crouched real low. I opened the front door for him and he was off like a rocket. I feel so bad.
    Awww Unk. They have very sensitive toes! Don't you know that? They need a sweater on before they go out when it's that cold too. But no booties. They hate booties. Did you just let them out the door? Or drop them in a snowbank?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2239966;
    Did you just let them out the door?
    Yeah, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2239966;
    Or drop them in a snowbank?
    I had to pick them up, one at a time of course, take them outside which in itself caused a major freak out, and then set them down in the snow. They do not go outside at all. They are 100% indoor cats.

Unk: Well, give them time. My 100% indoor cats have grown into stepping out every now and then for fresh sniffs of air, yard looky-loos, and grass eating in the summertime. They are on leashes however. My kitties are surprised every single year it snows. And rains. And when leaves falls down. It's new all over again! Have fun!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2239958;
    I've seen the book Why Cat's Paint. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. I know elephants paint, so why not cats?

I think there should be a Westminster CAT show! Why not? Cats are very athletic, competative, and cute as heck too!
    You know, cats can paint....but they just choose not to!

And a Westminster CAT show??? And your point would be?? They've already got us just where they want us....I can almost hear a collective, "As if...!", and then they hold up the paw in a "talk-to-the-paw" gesture.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cat lovers should check out catnabbit.com !
    I'd like to see a cat show on TV too; maybe we should send a petition to Animal Planet.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

A cat on a cat competition show? Doing what? Walking 4 steps and sitting down looking at each other? OKEY DOKEY. It would be more like a cat STAFF competition show.

By the way folks, I just wanted to thank all of you for your tremendous showing of support during Monas' illness and passing, and I will keep you all in the loop with hopefully some amusing stories about Joey.

Anyway I sent in for and am awaiting the official form that Monas' THE LOOK picture that I took will be copyrighted, so I have exclusive control over it.

More news, her ashes came back to the Doctor today, I will be picking up my little girls remains tomorrow, and Sunday when my folks come over they will be transferred to her urn. My FORT family is terrific

+ Reply to Thread