+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1755 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253931435431043 ... LastLast
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I am enjoying this thread so very much, you guys. I'm very emotional when it comes to animals. I love our pets so much it hurts. They completely run our household.

Here are my cats, Annie and her daughter A.J. (for Annie, Jr.). Don't they look identical? Annie adopted us a few years ago, then we noticed her getting a little "plump" ... a few weeks later, a litter of five kitties was born. We kept A.J. and found homes for the rest, and it's cool because we get to see them from time to time.

Here's our dog, Maggie. She's very, very old, but has the sweetest personality ever. My husband found our other dog, Sibbie, cowering in the weeds on a jobsite in the middle of nowhere. He brought her home "temporarily" ... yeah, right ... and we gave her a bath, fed her, bought her a collar, a leash, named her, bought her a bed, took her to the vet for a well-check, and needless to say, we'll never get rid of her. She's our baby now.

They bring us such joy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rumpshaker, that middle pic looks as if your dog is being tickled and having a great laugh!

Hee-hee! Isn't she funny? I happened to catch her during a yawn and thought she looked psychotic! She's a sweetheart.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

AWwwww, I love the cuddling cats. Very sweet looking dogs, too. Thanks for sharing them, Rumpshaker!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Your babies are so cute, Rumps.

I have a Miniature Poodle named "Nicki"... she has been my "lil girl" for 8 years. She is on phenobarb for seizures. She has been taking them for 5 years now and we aren't sure what causes them, but her medicine controls them and makes them less frequent. My fiancee' has a cat named "Rascal", and she fits her name to a tee. They are our babies and we love them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haven't posted in here in a while, nice pics all!
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Anyone willing to send good thoughts my way....my dog had to go to the hospital this week. She's still there - we are waiting for the latest blood test to come back to see if she can come home.

The weirdest thing happened to her...she started bleeding out of her mouth two days ago. At first I thought it may be dental disease, but it didn't stop. So off to the Doggie ER. Turns out that dogs can get spontaneous bleeding caused by their platelets dropping too low. So now they are keeping her on meds to bring them back up and testing her until they are high enough. They say she is responding to the meds, but it's been three days now and she still can't go home. I can't even visit her because she gets so excited to see me that the vet was afraid that she would bruise internally from the wiggling around. I am soooooo bummed. Poor thing...she is a very social animal and is REALLY attached to me. She is my "service" dog...although she isn't trained as a service dog...she instinctively learned that I can't hear well and she lets me know when things are going on in/around the house that I need to know about.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    KaiCee my prayers go out to you and your dog.....I hate it when they hurt and you can"t hug the pain away to get them well.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    KaiCee my prayers go out to you and your dog.....I hate it when they hurt and you can"t hug the pain away to get them well.
    Thank you, Joeguy! She is still in pretty bad shape and still in the doggie hospital. They are trying a new treatment to see if that gets her platelet level up. It's so weird not to have a dog to greet me when I get home...I didn't realize how much I liked that
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread