+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD
    AHHHH HAHAHAHAHA (Evil Genius laugh here)

I have a PLAN (insert German accent)

We are still renting. We are going to convert to a lease option to buy the house in April, so it would be April 2008 before the house is "ours" (and the banks). Until then, the landlord "says" no more than 2 dogs in the house.

Of course, I have no idea what the landlord says. But child does not have to know that. That pushes the blame off on someone else (why take the blame when you can always put it on someone else's head. ), I don't look like the bad guy (which is how I'm looking to her right now) and it puts off the decision about the dog for a year at which time, she hopefully will be graduating highschool (if all goes according to plan to graduate a year early) and will realize that getting another dog is NOT a good idea.

While this is technically lying, it eliminates all the teenage drama (which frankly is about to send me into a straight jacket) and puts off the dog for 14 months at which time, she will have changed her mind (hopefully).

And I seriously doubt if I did call the landlord, she would say yes. No way would child call landlord to check, so "I think my plan will work, Ja?" (again insert German accent)

Still need a plan for the husband that said yes. Thinking shovel, big hole in the backyard, cashing big life insurance policy, hmmmmm......
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

And I seriously doubt if I did call the landlord, she would say yes. No way would child call landlord to check, so "I think my plan will work, Ja?" (again insert German accent)
    Brilliant!!
    Still need a plan for the husband that said yes. Thinking shovel, big hole in the backyard, cashing big life insurance policy, hmmmmm......
    I have 50 acres, including about 2 acres of woodlot, so I can offer a wide variety of sites, well away from the prying eyes of your local authorities . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Yikes! You already left Florida, or I would suggest a swamp! Like on Nip/Tuck, tie a bunch of hams to him and give the gators a treat! You'd be so popular in reptile circles!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2236147;
    Brilliant!!I have 50 acres, including about 2 acres of woodlot, so I can offer a wide variety of sites, well away from the prying eyes of your local authorities . . .
    Excellant, can you also offer an alibi?

They have alligators in SC too. Just have to drive closer to the coast where the swamps are.

You guys are so hysterical. At this point, it may be the child I'm willing to hide on that 50 acres. More teenage drama today. I need to call Hollywood, they are definetly missing out on a great actress.

Just got home and my bedspread is in the hallway and attached to it is Rosie. Poor thing got her tags caught somehow and was dragging the bedspread behind her. It was over her back like a cape. Since she acts like the Queen most of the time, am thinking that she has now robed herself like one.
    It was both funny and sad as she was not happy. Thank goodness I wasn't gone longer. Should have taken a picture, but was in a hurry to detach her.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-10-2007 at 12:00 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Aww poor Rosie! I bet she was confused as to who put the blanket on her

I went to Petsmart today and it was adoption day. It took all the reserve I could muster to pass by the cute puppies without stopping to hold one. I knew if I picked one up I'd want to keep it. I hope they had a successful day finding homes. It's so sad how many pets out there need homes and so many of the good owners already have enough pets and can't take on any more.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

ACF - I had one of those days about a month ago! I went to PetCo on kitten adoption day - big mistake! I was thisclose to bringing home a kitten. I had to call my folks for an intervention. My mother just said "Get out of there!"
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ARC and Critical: Ooo. I would have picked up a puppy. And taken it home. Well, probably kitties. You have most excellent willpower!!

myrosiedog: That would have made a cute photo with rosie and the blanket. Good plan vith zee landlord being za bad guy! Ya. Child von't qvestion zat!

Regarding za huzband, I hear a rendering plant is zee best way to get rid of zee body. But you you just vant him to be "lost: for avile, I'd go vith zee big voodland area. Ya. I sink I vatch too much bad tv. Da.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I would love to put my cats picture here, but how do u do it? I thought it was something like:

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

Anyways, I'll describe her.

Darla is a newborn kitten, which my wonderful friend sold to me. Darals is white with dark brown to tan spots. Her hair is semi-long, her eyes are a jade green, and she's a beauty. Her only fault is that her left hind leg is a whole inch shorter than the others (birth defect). She's got a limp, but otherwise, she's incredible!!!

I always thought my city (Milwaukee, WI) had those masks for our furry friends in the firehouses. I read today that they do not have them in all of them and the WI Humane society is doing a fund drive to provide that. I just donated enough to buy one set of 3 masks. I am actually thinking about underwriting 9 or 10 more sets. There was a time in my life when I couldn't do this. Well this is my payback for all the wonderful years I've had.

Darla: A newborn kitten! How sweeet even if she has a little limp. Go to the announcements/help thread to see how to post pictures. It's pretty easy. You can just hit the paperclip to attach a photo when you post a reply or past the img line from your photo server ie: photobucket, tiny pic, etc. Hope this helps.

gabriel: That is so amazing that you investigated the animal masks and donated money for several. What a kind man you are.

I didn't know they use special masks. I know here for rescued pets, they use a normal oxygen mask. I should check into that here as well. Is there a name for those masks? I would like to do that too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread