+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

ArchieComic Fan I haven't had any luck with anything over the counter but I went back to Advantage from my vets because of what happened to my friends cats. On New Years Eve a few years ago her cats had fleas so she bought Zodiac which is over the counter stuff. Her cats started to foam at the mouth and we rushed them to the vets. She had to put her cats down and the vet told us that there have been numerous complaints about Zodiac as well as Hartz killing pets. So now, I stick to the vets. Here it costs $10. a tube for Advantage or Revolution but I can buy it knowing that it works and it is safe on my pets plus my dogs are chihuahua's so on one tube I can do all the dogs if I get the tube used on big dogs and divide as per the vets instructions. She also told me it is safe on cats to.

I have used shampoos in the past and they worked somewhat but it was alot of work bathing them once a week and not good for their skin.

I love that avatar with the KILLER

My boys are a couple of wimps. We are getting about a 3" to 4" snowfall here today. when I got home from work I opened the front blinds so they could sit on their bench and check out all the snow. I went back out to the car to bring in some groceries, scooped up some snow and threw it at the window. They ran upstairs and hid. What a couple of wimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2232100;
    My boys are a couple of wimps. We are getting about a 3" to 4" snowfall here today. when I got home from work I opened the front blinds so they could sit on their bench and check out all the snow. I went back out to the car to bring in some groceries, scooped up some snow and threw it at the window. They ran upstairs and hid. What a couple of wimps.
    I don't believe it! They were just playing with you - you were supposed to chase them.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2231566;
    misskitty - Mr. Tootles just WANTED you to think he needed rescuing to make you feel needed.
    You are right. I fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    ..My boys are a couple of wimps. We are getting about a 3" to 4" snowfall here today. when I got home from work I opened the front blinds so they could sit on their bench and check out all the snow. I went back out to the car to bring in some groceries, scooped up some snow and threw it at the window. They ran upstairs and hid. What a couple of wimps.
    Next time let them investigate the snow outside on their paws. And get a camera. That might be hilarious. Little kitty toes are so sensitive. Mr. Tootles just walks right out in it and digs in the snowbanks. Miss Gracie-kins, nuh uh. Pick me up MOM!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks for the laugh Unklescott! It is soooo cold here. I worry for my small pets. For fleas I recommend Advantage. The OTC stuff just doesn't work. Apply the Advantage, vacuum for the next couple of days and your flea problem is DONE! Seriously. They have nowhere to go and just die out. I had a serious flea problem years ago and started using it. I only use it in the warmer months, so it's not like it's an expense all year long.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks shyra and Gutmutter for the flea advice. I pretty much have to use it all year where I live. I figured I'd have to stick with the expensive stuff but thought just maybe there was something out there cheaper (and safe).

I did come across a good site if anyone wants to know the differences between the major prescription flea meds. Since I live on property with a lot of brush and my husband lets the dog run around now and then, I chose Frontiline because of the tick repelling component as well.

http://www.ask-the-vet.com/flea-spot-on-treatments.htm
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Since there's been so much sad news and the support of all of our FORT friends have helped us begin to move beyond the passing of Mona, I thought I would just give you all some tidbits of updates.

I am doing well, I am at the point where I can look at her pictures and read about her without bawling all the time. (well almost all the time)

Some things Joey has or has not been doing are that he has stopped looking for her when he walk in the kitchen for breakfast, but after he gets done, he goes in the bedroom and stares under the bed for a few minutes.

Monday when I got home from work, he came racing out of the bedroom to greet me, Tuesday he stayed in the bedroom laying on the bed and put his head up and got a skritch and went back to sleep, yesterday he merely opened one eye looked at me, yawned and went back to sleep. He won't eat his "grazing" food on "his" table anymore, he eats on the table that Mona would use. He's won't touch his regular IAMS hard food, but is only eating the weight control food. He lays on the floor behind my bedroom door where Monas' carrier used to be, he won't lay on the blanket on the table at the sunny window where she would be. (When she was alive, he would take it every chance he got) Joey won't jump on or walk under "Monas' chair", he'll walk behind or next to it.(again when she was alive, he would take it when she would get up.) He used to pee 5-8 times per day a little bit in the box, but now is only peeing 2-3 times a day a LOT. Instead of numerous little boom booms in the box I am now greeted once or twice a day with big boom booms. He is getting brushed numerous times a day now instead of the once or twice. He continues to sleep on top of his carrier, but not in it yet as usual. As my dear departed Aunt once said: The pain never goes away, but merely lessens, is so true. I want to extend our most sincere thanks and appreciation to all of you here that were there for us during these difficult days.

gabriel, thanks for sharing Joey's interesting activities with us. Perhaps he still feels her presence in certain places? I was trying to think back to if my one dog acted differently when his mother passed but since she passed at home, he had the chance to see her after she passed. He adjusted quicker than I did though.

Interesting that he's only eating his weight control food. Maybe he saw himself on your avatar and decided he needed to get in shape? Being that the camera always adds 10 lbs.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2233696;
    gabriel, thanks for sharing Joey's interesting activities with us. Perhaps he still feels her presence in certain places?
    Probably does and her scent. My Mom said I should wash the chair cover and blankets etc., and see what happens. I'll do that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2233696;
    Interesting that he's only eating his weight control food. Maybe he saw himself on your avatar and decided he needed to get in shape? Being that the camera always adds 10 lbs.
    Most likely - he saw the picture and went OOOH I look like I weigh 26 pounds.

+ Reply to Thread