+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I have just been loving these past 4 pages, inhaling the sweet stories of wonderful pets, past and present, and soaking up all the love coming out of the posts through my monitor.

Bless you everyone for your kindness to your pets; big, small, fluffy, silky, quiet, loud, and just funky!

-------------
    I have had to restrain my self the last 24 hours. The news showed a kitten rescue that has stolen my heart. A small tabby kitten was discovered under the hood of a car, after it started. It's been very cold and this is not unusual. The poor little guys' hind leg was caught in the fan belt, but the car owner rushed him to animal rescue. The lady on duty picked up the little seriously injured kitten. He look right at her and purred. She could not euthenize him, as she normally would have had to.

She called her supervisors and got approval to get him into emergency surgery. All the surgeons were so amazed at this little tabbys fortitude and energy, they donated their services to a tune of $1,000. The kitten is now doing incredibly well in rehab trying to figure out how to go from here to there on three little legs. He has no name yet, but suggestions are Tricycle or Rolly. Undoubtedly there will be line-ups to adopt him.

Also, a local small rescue group, who saved Mr. Tootles and his family, has too many kittens fostered out and have requested help through the media. They will be at the Petsmart tomorrow where Tootles took my heart. I am wanting to go and get 2 more kittens.

My family and sweetie are so worried that I really might do it. It's very hard not to take them home, once they are in yours arms purring. I know I could even get one kitten, but I've never had two from the same litter and I think that would only be fair.

Gracie will have her nose out of joint for sure, and Mr. Tootles might just sit on one by mistake. He's 16 pounds.

Now I need somebody to keep me at home so I don't go and get 2 more kittens.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I Is Stephanie
    Well, I'll offer to help, but you'll need to buy the plane ticket yourself!

Then again, listening to my whine for hours might drive you out of the house anyways!

I think you just need to keep telling yourself that there's a family out there who currently have zero kittens, who will love to have them, and will take just as good care of them as you would, without the fear of Mr. Tootles squishing either of them!

At least, that's what I would do.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Because it's Groundhog Day, I thought I'd thank all famous groundhogs for their hopefully accurate weather predictions: Wiarton has Willie, Balzac has Billy and Punxsutawney has Phil. I've heard that there is a concensus of an early spring as none of the groundhogs saw their shadows today.

Attachment 19176

Near here, a senior's residence has proclaimed a little guinea pig, Oreo, to be their new "groundhog" as "groundhogs" really aren't found in this part of the country. His official name is Sherwood Park Sherman. He was dressed up and did a great job today! No shadow! So his predictions rate 100% with the groundhogs! Yeah for weather sensitive guinea pigs too!

Story here: http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...278737b91f&k=0
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-25-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Our groundhog here in Milwaukee predicted 6 more weeks - BLECH!

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2226100;
    ...I think you just need to keep telling yourself that there's a family out there who currently have zero kittens, who will love to have them, and will take just as good care of them as you would, without the fear of Mr. Tootles squishing either of them!..
    Thanks Stephanie! That's actually quite helpful. Although now I'm thinking of picking up two kitties and taken them to my sweetie's for Valentines! But he'd probably want to pick out his own kittys.

Must.Stay.At.Home.
    ----------------

E.T.A. gabriel ....who is your groundhog? Our local tv station made a toilet paper groundhog who DID see her shadow....not like that really counts if she's not real.

You MUST stay at HOME....

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2226119;
    You MUST stay at HOME....
    I know....I've even asked my evil twin sinister to stop by tomorrow. Just in case. I know if I volunteered to foster a few, I would get so attached, I could never give them up. Yes. I must be strong. I.must.stay.home.

Hi Everyone! Miss Kitty PM'd me and let me know about this thread. Back on January 13th I had to make the decision to have my beloved, Nikki, put to sleep.

She had become very sick after we had two snow storms (here in Seattle) and a 3-day power outage. Before she got sick, she was already suffering from arthritis, which was making it harder and harder for her to get around.

She was about six weeks shy of turning 13, which for a Malamute is a very long life. She was my baby girl, and I'll forever miss her.

Miss Kitty...Thanks for letting me know about this thread.

Oh, jette, I'm sorry. Best wishes to you.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by jette66;2226563;
    Hi Everyone! Miss Kitty PM'd me and let me know about this thread. Back on January 13th I had to make the decision to have my beloved, Nikki, put to sleep.

She had become very sick after we had two snow storms (here in Seattle) and a 3-day power outage. Before she got sick, she was already suffering from arthritis, which was making it harder and harder for her to get around.

She was about six weeks shy of turning 13, which for a Malamute is a very long life. She was my baby girl, and I'll forever miss her.

Miss Kitty...Thanks for letting me know about this thread.
    Welcome to this thread jette66...you will find plenty of support, advice and lots of adorable pictures here!

I'm sorry about your Nikki...is that her in your avatar? She is beautiful...I've always thought Malamutes were very regal looking dogs....In my mom's neighborhood, there is a "neighborhood" Malamute named Daisy and she goes around visiting everyone and checking up on them...its the funniest thing!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread