+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 1754 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152921425421042 ... LastLast
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

If you don't want a showdog, then maybe you should ask first what they are asking for the most "perfect show" puppy (most likely the price they are first asking in general is for the perfect puppy), and then negotiate how much down would they be willing to come in price with a less "perfect" puppy. Have you been looking in classified section in your local newspaper (or the newspaper of some bigger city in your area) for the specific breed prices? To my experience though, you won't choose the puppy, the puppy will choose you . Also visit http://www.akc.org/ they have good information there that might help you.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    If you don't want a showdog, then maybe you should ask first what they are asking for the most "perfect show" puppy (most likely the price they are first asking in general is for the perfect puppy), and then negotiate how much down would they be willing to come in price with a less "perfect" puppy. Have you been looking in classified section in your local newspaper (or the newspaper of some bigger city in your area) for the specific breed prices? To my experience though, you won't choose the puppy, the puppy will choose you . Also visit http://www.akc.org/ they have good information there that might help you.
    Thanks Tirl, I was advised not to look through the paper, and also, I heard it was often the most dominant of the litter that will be the first to approach a stranger, which could also reflect a more stubborn and aggresive dog, so to avoid the pup that first comes to you. Also, it seems the breeders like to match the pups to the person, but I don't know how they can decide that in such a short time. What I've read is usually the best pets fall in the middle of the litter re dominance and the hierarchy etc, a dominant dog for me would easily have me as his slave.....I'm too soft, so I have to be careful about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    My kitty got in trouble the other day.
    Such a precious kitty.

Just wanted to pop in and post a pic of our new baby. She's a 9-week-old beagle and we just love her silly.

A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

VeeJay, what a sweet looking little gal! I got a pound puppy that I thought was a beagle 7 years ago, until she sprouted up. I guess she's a mix
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

VeeJay, she is so adorable. I bet she also has a sweet personality. What's her name?

Thanks Texi and Eldee! Her name's Sadie and she's a pistol. She bit a bee and it stung her right after we brought her home from her first vet check last Thursday. That's a lesson she learned the hard way. It's fine though she's just got a tiny bump on her lip.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Awwww!! VeeJay, I loveeeee beagles (grew up w/many)!! Sadie is so cute that it brings tears to my eyes! I love that "look" that beagles give ya when they're puppies.

One of my cats, Kudo, when we first got him as a little tiny rambunctious thing..bit a bee too! His upper lip swelled up so big and I had to use the tweezers to yank it out of his lip. Poor thing! Just the other day he was pouncing and chasing a bee around the yard..he's turning 2 on July 4th. Guess he doesn't remember the "vital lesson" I thought he learned as a kitten. :rolleyes

Congrats on the new family member!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awww, VeeJay... Sadie is just too darling.

Sadie, what a darlin' little lady! VJ, she's adorable!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread