+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2223259;
    misskitty - I have copied your haiku, and it will be on Monas urn along with her picture. Thank you
    You are very welcome and I am truly honored.

Just when I think I have a handle on it, something happens and I just burst into tears. I actually slept for a couple hours last night, woke up, then slept for a couple more hours. When I woke up this morning of course hours later than I normally get up, Joey was just sitting on the bed waiting for me to get breakfast, not his usual stepping on me or slapping my face. So I get up walk to the kitchen of course kind of yelling "breakfast" as usual. I looked and here was Joey walking into the kitchen, but looking back every few steps for his sister, as usual. Broke down right then & there.
    I'm glad you were able to get some sleep last night and that Joey followed you out for breakfast. I'm sure that Joey misses her immensely too, even though you believe they tolerated each other. Your reactions are incredibly normal. Breaking down at moments of memory of Mona will continue as you grieve. Then eventually they will bring a smile and comfort. Those days will come in time.

Do take care today.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My thoughts are with you Gabriel. My heart still tugs from the loss of a puppy last year to cancer.

You made a choice in the best interest of your beloved pet - no matter how hard it was.

{{hugs}}

We've got a few snow flurries around here today. The boys didn't know what to think of the falling snow and were sitting in the window mesmerized by the white stuff floating out of the sky. Yes they have a bench by the window.

How adorable, Unk. I was at my sister's house the other day and her cat was trying to attack the snowflakes that drifted too close to the glass.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Unk, love how you spoil those boys! I just figure that's what they are there for! A man who loves cats can't be all bad!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

UNK - They've never seen snow before I take it. First snowfall here always has an audience. I love it when cats sit and look out the window at stuff. Joey has a table at each window that is used for snowfalls an other interesting things. Mona used to like watching lightning storms, firetrucks, ambulances and semi trailers at CVS/Pharmacy across the street, as well as snow plows, snowfall and people doing things.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I get a huge kick out of watching my gurls, the oldest and the youngest, staring each other down from the dresser and the floor. The oldest usually ends up turning her back on the youngest on the floor. I keep encouraging the oldest to jump down and kick the youngests' bootie!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2223619;
    I get a huge kick out of watching my gurls, the oldest and the youngest, staring each other down from the dresser and the floor. The oldest usually ends up turning her back on the youngest on the floor. I keep encouraging the oldest to jump down and kick the youngests' bootie!!!

yeah! that's what used to happen here. the stare down followed by the "old lady" at 9 pounds kicking "the young kids" 16 pound butt and knocking him down... it was so funny, but I didn't dare laugh otherwise they would stop.

Unk, they are so cute, looking out at the snow!

I need to get mine a little table to sit at the window (he loves bird-watching)...he's getting little chunky to fit on the windowsill itself.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Gabriel, I just wanted to chime in with how sorry I am for your loss. I had a very special kitty who looked a lot like Mona, who we had to make that gut-wrenching choice for a few years back. Nefarian was 16, and had seen me through my turbulent 20s and halfway through 30s. I still miss him!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread