+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

gabriel - Because of your great love, Mona is in a much better place and any pain she may have been in is over. We all know that your pain is still on-going, and I wish that you only remember the funny, outrageous and absolutely annoying things about Mona. I loved hearing the stories. Hugs to you and Joey.

MRD
    Gabriel, I'm glad it was peaceful for her. We are sending you and Joey hugs and prayers.
    We went to the Circus last night and when they brought out the big cats I just burst into tears. My daughter looked at me and said: "you're thinking about your friends cat aren't you". I could only nod.

I imagined Mona using that look and subduing everyone of those tigers!

I'm holding my two close by today and giving them extra love. My heart just breaks for you. Stay strong.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gabriel, I'm so sorry to hear about Mona. My thoughts are with you.

gabirel, I am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Gabriel, how are you doing this morning? I hope that the pain in your heart dissipates a little each day. Mona was a beautiful friend to you and we will all miss her. But I doubt any of us will forget her. I like to think that all the other kitties and puppies (and babies that didn't make it) are taking good care of her in heaven, showing her the best places to nap in the sun, and being good friends to her. I know I sound like a goof, but I truly believe that. I am so glad she isn't suffering anymore. And I applaud your courageous act of looking out for her needs first, over yours... Big hugs, to my big FoRT brother.

Just when I think I have a handle on it, something happens and I just burst into tears. I actually slept for a couple hours last night, woke up, then slept for a couple more hours. When I woke up this morning of course hours later than I normally get up, Joey was just sitting on the bed waiting for me to get breakfast, not his usual stepping on me or slapping my face. So I get up walk to the kitchen of course kind of yelling "breakfast" as usual. I looked and here was Joey walking into the kitchen, but looking back every few steps for his sister, as usual. Broke down right then & there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    What you did yesterday was the bravest, most loving thing you could have done for your sweet baby. I did the same thing in August 2005, and I still tear up today. I can't get over missing her, but I am so glad Gail (she refused to answer to 'Abigail') was in my life. She and I, like you, Mona, and Joey, had something really special. Her departure took our house from 3 gurls to 2; it broke my heart to see the others walking around looking for her, and there was nothing I could do to help them. 3 months later, I added my 'tasmanian devil' gurl; I was surprised that I was ready that soon, but the numbers are, now, right, but nothing replaces my Gail. I'm sure she is at Rainbow Bridge looking down her nose at everything and everybody. The adjective would be 'persnickety'.

Just give yourself time. Ability to handle it will come when it comes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Persnickety - I like that word. Joey will get used to be a loner, after all, they both never really played together. there were bouts of play but thats it. I always felt that she merely tolerated him and he was annoyed by her.

FORT Fogey
    Oh gabriel, I've been thinking of you non-stop since I read about your awful situation and I want you to know that THE POMERANIANS and I are here for you, as always.

I'm so sorry about poor Mona's suffering. Please take comfort in knowing that you did the right thing by making the alleviation of her suffering -- not yours -- your top priority.

Pom

gabriel, I just saw your signature line and immediately got all teared up. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved Mona, and as a cat lover I know how unbearable this must be for you right know. The thing about pets is that they love you unconditionally; it is a pure, unselfish kind of love that you hardly ever find with humans. That is why losing a beloved pet is so hard. Try to get some comfort knowing that she had a long and happy life with you and Joey, and think of how lucky she was to have you - and you to have her. You did the right thing, sweetie. PM me any time if you want to talk. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 02-01-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread