+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #4041
    fortfan shyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    50
    Posts
    466
    Gabriel, I'm sorry you have to go through this but you will know when the right time comes and I know Mona has the best dad out there! My thoughts are with you.

  2. #4042
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,097
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2221074;
    If my typing goes off the deep end here, please excuse me. I just got off the phone with Mona's Dr., and the radiologist report is not good at all. The xrays 2 weeks apart actually did change a lot. Mona has a progressive lung cancer, there is a large mass between the two lungs, and she has multiple soft masses through out ranging from 3 millimeters to 1 1/2 centimeters.

    Now I guess I need to make a decision. All she has been doing is sleeping, eating a little and getting brushed a bit, but I need to decide if Mona's life is what it was. I will be calling the Doctor tomorrow if I have anymore questions. But I don't want Mona to suffer, and right now when she's sleeping she is drooling a lot, she never did that before.

    Oh, Gabriel, I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

  3. #4043
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    I'm very sorry to hear that, Gabriel.

    If she doesn't seem to be suffering yet, you could hold off a while -- we did wait a bit when my old cat got a tumor and began drooling, but when she seemed to be in pain, we did have to make the decision to let her go. It's not easy even when you know they're suffering.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  4. #4044
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    gabriel, so sorry about Mona.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  5. #4045
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2221271;
    I'm very sorry to hear that, Gabriel.

    If she doesn't seem to be suffering yet, you could hold off a while -- we did wait a bit when my old cat got a tumor and began drooling, but when she seemed to be in pain, we did have to make the decision to let her go. It's not easy even when you know they're suffering.
    The worse part is that she doen't appear to be suffering, but cats do hide it so well for some reason. But she isn't up to herself when she tries to eat, she takes a cople of bites and tries to clean her mouth but when she lifts her paw she loses her balance and can't clean up, so I get the paper towels out and do it and I clean up the drool also. I am thinking of holding off for a while, but I'll know more after tonight and watching her tomorrow morning and then taking to her doctor.
    I'm taking the approach of what I would want for me.

  6. #4046
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2221303;
    The worse part is that she doen't appear to be suffering, but cats do hide it so well for some reason. But she isn't up to herself when she tries to eat, she takes a cople of bites and tries to clean her mouth but when she lifts her paw she loses her balance and can't clean up, so I get the paper towels out and do it and I clean up the drool also. I am thinking of holding off for a while, but I'll know more after tonight and watching her tomorrow morning and then taking to her doctor.
    I'm taking the approach of what I would want for me.
    Kitties do tend to hide things pretty well. I'm sure Mona appreciates you helping her clean up her chin. That is so sweet and kind. I hope you both manage ok tonight and your visit to her doctor is helpful to you in making your decisions. How is Joey faring?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  7. #4047
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221316;
    Kitties do tend to hide things pretty well. I'm sure Mona appreciates you helping her clean up her chin. That is so sweet and kind. I hope you both manage ok tonight and your visit to her doctor is helpful to you in making your decisions. How is Joey faring?
    Right now he's sleeping but he was just being his usual obnoxious self. I'm sure it will be different once this is over, then again if he gets all the attention he wants he may be ok.

  8. #4048
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,299
    gabriel, I know your pain. God bless.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #4049
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    Aww, Gabriel - I'm so, SO sorry to hear the news about Mona. I know how much you love your cats and this must be beyond hard for you to deal with. Hang in there.

  10. #4050
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Gabriel, I just saw this. I am so sorry about your sweet Mona. Please know that you and she (and Joey) are all in my thoughts, and I wish peace for all of you. I know that whatever decision you make will have been well thought out. A few years ago with our cat, he was literally on his deathbed and the vet said he wouldn't make it past the weekend. Low and behold he had a miraculous recovery and has been fine ever since. Of course, he didn't have a tumor either. Hang in there...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.