+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Gabriel, I'm sorry you have to go through this but you will know when the right time comes and I know Mona has the best dad out there! My thoughts are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2221074;
    If my typing goes off the deep end here, please excuse me. I just got off the phone with Mona's Dr., and the radiologist report is not good at all. The xrays 2 weeks apart actually did change a lot. Mona has a progressive lung cancer, there is a large mass between the two lungs, and she has multiple soft masses through out ranging from 3 millimeters to 1 1/2 centimeters.

Now I guess I need to make a decision. All she has been doing is sleeping, eating a little and getting brushed a bit, but I need to decide if Mona's life is what it was. I will be calling the Doctor tomorrow if I have anymore questions. But I don't want Mona to suffer, and right now when she's sleeping she is drooling a lot, she never did that before.

Oh, Gabriel, I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Gabriel.

If she doesn't seem to be suffering yet, you could hold off a while -- we did wait a bit when my old cat got a tumor and began drooling, but when she seemed to be in pain, we did have to make the decision to let her go. It's not easy even when you know they're suffering.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

gabriel, so sorry about Mona.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2221271;
    I'm very sorry to hear that, Gabriel.

If she doesn't seem to be suffering yet, you could hold off a while -- we did wait a bit when my old cat got a tumor and began drooling, but when she seemed to be in pain, we did have to make the decision to let her go. It's not easy even when you know they're suffering.
    The worse part is that she doen't appear to be suffering, but cats do hide it so well for some reason. But she isn't up to herself when she tries to eat, she takes a cople of bites and tries to clean her mouth but when she lifts her paw she loses her balance and can't clean up, so I get the paper towels out and do it and I clean up the drool also. I am thinking of holding off for a while, but I'll know more after tonight and watching her tomorrow morning and then taking to her doctor.
    I'm taking the approach of what I would want for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2221303;
    The worse part is that she doen't appear to be suffering, but cats do hide it so well for some reason. But she isn't up to herself when she tries to eat, she takes a cople of bites and tries to clean her mouth but when she lifts her paw she loses her balance and can't clean up, so I get the paper towels out and do it and I clean up the drool also. I am thinking of holding off for a while, but I'll know more after tonight and watching her tomorrow morning and then taking to her doctor.
    I'm taking the approach of what I would want for me.
    Kitties do tend to hide things pretty well. I'm sure Mona appreciates you helping her clean up her chin. That is so sweet and kind. I hope you both manage ok tonight and your visit to her doctor is helpful to you in making your decisions. How is Joey faring?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221316;
    Kitties do tend to hide things pretty well. I'm sure Mona appreciates you helping her clean up her chin. That is so sweet and kind. I hope you both manage ok tonight and your visit to her doctor is helpful to you in making your decisions. How is Joey faring?
    Right now he's sleeping but he was just being his usual obnoxious self. I'm sure it will be different once this is over, then again if he gets all the attention he wants he may be ok.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    gabriel, I know your pain. God bless.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Aww, Gabriel - I'm so, SO sorry to hear the news about Mona. I know how much you love your cats and this must be beyond hard for you to deal with. Hang in there.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Gabriel, I just saw this. I am so sorry about your sweet Mona. Please know that you and she (and Joey) are all in my thoughts, and I wish peace for all of you. I know that whatever decision you make will have been well thought out. A few years ago with our cat, he was literally on his deathbed and the vet said he wouldn't make it past the weekend. Low and behold he had a miraculous recovery and has been fine ever since. Of course, he didn't have a tumor either. Hang in there...

+ Reply to Thread