+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Jewelsy, that is so weird! Our late cat was Jasper and our present cat is Dusty! Dusty is antisocial and stays down in the basement all the time. She does come up at night though and wanders through the house. She and our dog do not get along....I think she is still peeved he came into the fold here!

JLuvs, that is sooo great about Zora. What a great happy ending!

Well I finally got the guinea pig. Chipper. I went overboard providing him with a smorgasbord of fruit to see what he would like. He likes oranges and apples and grapes. Oh and eating the cardboard box I put in his cage for him to hide in.
    Count your blessings!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2218215;
    Well I finally got the guinea pig. Chipper. I went overboard providing him with a smorgasbord of fruit to see what he would like. He likes oranges and apples and grapes. Oh and eating the cardboard box I put in his cage for him to hide in.

Ah, yes. Cardboard. We used to give Esse and Nilla old toilet paper tubes to nibble on, and sometimes, if they behaved (which they always did...), we'd give them a nice long wrapping paper tube to destroy. You just want to watch it while he's chewing on things that aren't food, they tend to tear off as much as their little mouths can hold, and we caught Esse choking because of that many, many times.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Found out that my cat likes shrimp just not in a can. She was on the table and took a piece right out of the bone. I had to take it away from her so she wouldn't choke on it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Very cool, Gut.

All I can say is enjoy many hours with your critter and you are a wonderful person for adopting.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I went in this morning to see what he had liked and what was left over... Nothing! What a little piggie! I put him in the room with the bird and they are "talking" to each other. It's the cutest thing. He really does sound like a pig sometimes. Other times it's more of a whistle. He's loving his "cave" - cardboard box on its side with an old hand towel on the bottom. They didn't have anything for him to go into and I read on the internet that they like that. I figured with the change of environment he'd like a place to feel safe. My youngest returned from Spain last night, my son returns to college today, and my oldest daughter came home to celebrate passing her final hurdle to being a full fledged pilot/flight instructor. So the house was a little raucous. I'm sure he'll settle in once we are back to a schedule. I offered my Little Sister and her mom that they could have him back if they get settled in and feel like they want him again. They were already talking about getting another cat! Whoa Nellie!
    Count your blessings!

Well I finally got the guinea pig. Chipper...
    Gutmutter, you are so kind to little Chipper; a smogasbord, a nice hidy place, and attention; I don't think he'd want to go back to his other home. If he's chirping with your birdie, he's certainly one happy little guy!!!

gabriel: How's Mona been lately? Still moody? Is Joey still pretty jealous or have you sorted that out with a bit more attention?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2219050;
    Gutmutter, you are so kind to little Chipper; a smogasbord, a nice hidy place, and attention; I don't think he'd want to go back to his other home. If he's chirping with your birdie, he's certainly one happy little guy!!!

gabriel: How's Mona been lately? Still moody? Is Joey still pretty jealous or have you sorted that out with a bit more attention?
    she's a bit more alert, but has been gagging and drooling a lot when she sleeps, it's almost as if something is working it's way out, but we shall know more wednesday. As for Joey - I awoke to an 18 pound (yes 18 pounds) full force landing on my chest this morning at 3:00AM... need I say more? How is Gracie-kins & Mr. Tootles and their "mummy"?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

18 lbs! That's more than my dog weighs!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread