+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Izzy is a cutie.

11stephanie: Your guinea pigs looks really cute. I'm sorry they're gone now.

bbnbama: ooooo, Izzy is a huge sweetie. Look at that face! Look at those markings! Two white socks in front. How irresistible!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Izzy is a cutie.

Look at that CUTIE- IZZY is so cute.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks for the info steph. The internet made them sound really time intesive with all the cage cleaning which was making me nervous. I'm not known for being a good cage cleaner (thankfully hedgehogs are extremely clean). I plan to put him in a small room off the kitchen which is a catch-all room at the moment. I figure if he's not in a main room, the allergy issue will be moot.
    Count your blessings!

I Is Stephanie
    Well, what I found helpful with the allergy thing was washing myslef after I handled them, it wasn't a serious reaction, though. Just a damp paper towel over any area that came in contact with them, and I'd be fine.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Izzy is adorable. My BIL has three Boston Terriers and just loves that breed.

Gutmutter, you're a great person to take in the guinea pig. I'm not a critter person myself. Hamsters always bit me (I have a scar on one finger still to this day) but maybe I was too rough with them (I was pretty young). But I won't even try to handle one now. I also had a pet mouse (from the pet store) when I was a kid but our cat took care of that. And my son left his iguana here when he went off to college and I had to find a new home for it because I just didn't want the responsibility. My brother has ferrets from rescue organizations but I don't think I could do that either. I've tried to have birds in the past but I'm somewhat allergic and they were too messy for my taste. I had a rabbit or two growing up but I don't particularly like rabbits now. At least I can say I tried other kinds of pets and now I know what I like. My preference is definitely dogs and cats!

I've always heard good things about guinea pigs though. Does it have a name?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-23-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I'm sure it does, but I can't think of it if I've heard it. My bird is a funny story if I haven't told it. When I moved into my house there was a crotchety old lady next door (I could tell STORIES about her!). When she had to go into a nursing home, she asked if I would take her 2 birds - a canary and a parakeet in seperate cages until she got home. The parakeet died after my son burned something in the oven and filled the room with smoke, so I got one that looked just like it from the pet store. Then eventually the canary died and I got another look-alike. Then the old lady died and I was stuck with two birds, neither of which was one of the originals. Now I have my 3rd parakeet and no canary. It loves the sound of the dishwasher being unloaded for some reason and will sing and chirp excitedly.
    Count your blessings!

Well an update, not much of one but an update. AS I mentioned I took Mona off the Clavamox on Thursday because of the appetite loss and no poo poo. She did pick up a bit and went in to the Dr. for an xray of the lungs on Saturday. Those have remained unchanged. Her appetite is nowhere near normal but she is eating some food. She has lost a couple pounds which for her is not good. So I spoke to the Dr. today and I need to keep an eye out and call the Dr. back on Thursday and we will go from there. All her bloodwork is normal, all her fecal is normal it's just these two light areas on her lungs in the xrays. my next question to the Dr. will be how do we find out what these areas are? My step after that may be a second opinion..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Aww gabriel, I hope she gets better soon.

+ Reply to Thread