+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2201127;
    Good thing your dog didn't get too much chocolate down before you caught her!.
    So true. It's never a good idea to leave bowls of chocolate sitting around when you have dogs. They are very opportunistic snackers and they'll go for anything they can get to.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2202075;
    OK, if she's by herself, how does anyone know that she throws the glove in the air and tries to catch it?
    Oops, I meant playing without the people. She doesn't mind having an audience.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Both of our boxers are microchipped. It was part of the Rescue program that they be neutered and chipped before we could take them home with us. I think it's a good idea.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2203652;
    So true. It's never a good idea to leave bowls of chocolate sitting around when you have dogs. They are very opportunistic snackers and they'll go for anything they can get to.
    We usually don't have bowls of chocolate around as I try to keep that stuff to a minimum.

Several years ago Bogie got into my daughter's easter basket and helped himself to a ton of chocolate. We called the vet who told us to take him outside and give him a tablespoon of peroxide. Well that dog yakked not only a bunch of chocolate, but the foil off the chocolate and part of a plastic easter egg. I swear he is part Billy goat, but that experience must have imprinted itself on him as he will NOT touch anything left in his reach now.
    Rosie's just gotten very bold of late and thinks she is entitled.

I went through the house yesterday and gathered up most of the junky stuff and took what I could to the neighbor's children. We were the recipients of several Swiss Colony, Hickory Farms and Popcorn Factory packages from friends and family this year for Christmas. So hopefully the snacking is over with and the dog will not be tempted to get into stuff she shouldn't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    We finally got a shot of all three of our animals together. You can see Katie's and Dolly's eyes looking off to the side, they are looking over at me because I had just hopped out of the way. I had to distract Dolly while Brad got the camera because as soon as she hears the camera being turned on she immediately bolts out of the room.

Here's a shot of Pumpking getting into the Christmas tree last month.

Those are cute pictures, MarleyB. What did you catch Dolly doing once that has made her never want to have any evidence lying about--in the form of a picture?

Those are great shots Marley. I especially love Pumpkin in the tree.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2206127;
    Those are cute pictures, MarleyB. What did you catch Dolly doing once that has made her never want to have any evidence lying about--in the form of a picture?
    I think she doesn't like the flash. That's all I can think of. We have to turn the camera on in another room and then sneak up on her before she runs away with terrier-like speed.

I love how Dolly is always curled up right behind Katie.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2206137;
    I love how Dolly is always curled up right behind Katie.
    Sometimes she just lays on top of her.

Once Katie was laying in her "dying cockroach" position and Dolly was laying in her usual spot down by Katie's butt. Her little head was peeking out from under Katie's tail and it was so darned cute but of course she heard the camera turn on and was gone in a flash.

+ Reply to Thread