+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Unk, your cats look great. I especially love Hardy's markings. He has a "pretty" face too, like my older cat, Obe. There is a pic of Obe and Dorito in my profile, btw.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2201998;
    It's "kitty crack" too. Snuggles (my Mom's cat) favourite toy is a latex glove all stuffed up into one of the fingers. She loves to play fetch with it. Also when she's by herself she will throw it up in the air and try to catch it. My Mom buys the gloves in bulk so she can always make new toys when the old ones go missing or get worn out.

OK, if she's by herself, how does anyone know that she throws the glove in the air and tries to catch it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Unk- wow, they have grown. They look great!

I have both my cats chipped. It's a necessity here in Savannah. We have a huge feral cat population/ problem and the animal control people check to see if they're chipped if people bring them in. My cats are indoor cats only but it never hurts to error on the side of caution.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Speedy, speaking of cats growing, you haven't posted a picture of yours in a long time.

Ajane, I just took a look at your two kitties....Obe and Dorito. Which one is which? Is Dorito the orange one? Cause he's got more flavor?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ajane they are a couple of cuties.
    Did any of you see this? That's a mighty big ol' cat.

Oregon man reunited with his tubby tabby

Thu Jan 11, 8:21 PM ET

PORTLAND, Ore. - Here, KITTY KITTY KITTY. Goliath, a 20-pound stray whose girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food, is back with his owner.

His name isn't really Goliath, but it's close. It's Hercules, says owner Geoff Ernest, who was reunited with his tubby tabby Thursday at the Oregon Humane Society.

Gresham resident Jadwiga Drozdek found the feline stuck in the dog door of her home a few days ago, helped free him and gave him a plate of food on her patio.

Ernest said he had a house-sitter when he went to Seattle for a lung transplant six months ago, and Hercules departed.

While at the Humane Society, Hercules was diagnosed with Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, similar to
    HIV in humans.

The society says cats can live years with the virus and still make good pets, but owners should keep them indoors to keep it from spreading.

Veterinarians say about 40 percent of America's cats are obese, putting them at risk for a variety of diabetes-related disorders.

Hercules, meanwhile, has had his 15 minutes of fame, piling up stacks of hits on You Tube and other Web sites.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_fe_st/fat_cat

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OMG...just look at that face on that baby...isn't he precious!!!! My Tommy has Feline Immunodeficiency Virus also but he's doing really well....he was an outside cat and I had to bring him in...I feed him good (Iams), make sure he has his shots and so far so good....he's been diagnosed for about 4 years now....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    update on Rosie the moocher. I don't know what has gotten into her lately, but she thinks she owns the house and can do exactly what she wants. She has again gotten into food where she before would leave it alone. While the scared one sits on the floor looking guilty. I think he's worried that we'll blame him instead of her. And when she gets in trouble, she walks off, turns and looks back at us as if to say: @#$@@ you, I can do what I want.
    She also has started going to the backdoor wanting to be let out. You open the door, he runs out, she stands there waiting to be BEGGED to come outside. I just shut the door in her face. I don't know what's happened, but little miss attitude is getting a little tiresome.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We keep our dog food in a container by the back door. We finally figured out, after many door openings and him just staring at us, that Boris didn't want out, he wanted food! He's a good people trainer
    Nice try, dog. Now he'll lay down facing the container, chin on his paws, staring at it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Honestly, I think that is a mental telepathy thing. My gurls do that to me if I, accidentally forget to fill the food dish the night before and it has gone empty. I awaken to 3 pairs of unblinking eyes around me. Guilt inducing, and it works!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread