+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I'm at my 2 boys right now. I found this web site with cat sounds. It freaks Hardy out. He ran and hid but finally wandered back in the room. Laurel gets kind of bug eyed but I think they are both getting used to it. Loud or strange sounds of any kind freak Hardy out. He's a wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2200302;
    I stopped by the vet today to pick up licenses for the girls, and the receptionist wrote their names on the back of the tags in permanent marker. I thought that was a really great idea and I don't know why I never thought of doing that myself.
    Now that's a great idea, and you can bet I'm going to do that, too -- thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2200568;
    I'm at my 2 boys right now. I found this web site with cat sounds. It freaks Hardy out. He ran and hid but finally wandered back in the room. Laurel gets kind of bug eyed but I think they are both getting used to it. Loud or strange sounds of any kind freak Hardy out. He's a wuss.
    Someone's enjoying having sound on their new computer, eh? I can't wait to try it out on Howard -- he's a wuss, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2200585;
    Someone's enjoying having sound on their new computer, eh? I can't wait to try it out on Howard -- he's a wuss, too.
    Yep. Try these bird sounds. http://www.naturesongs.com/birds.html
    Hardy's under the bed now. Poor Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2200302;
    I stopped by the vet today to pick up licenses for the girls, and the receptionist wrote their names on the back of the tags in permanent marker. I thought that was a really great idea and I don't know why I never thought of doing that myself.
    You can have their names and your phone number etched on metal I.D plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2200568;
    Unk, I wish I had had this link last night. I had spend the night dog company and it would have been fun. Of course I had the dog spoiled rotten anyway, but still!
    By the way, has anyone else ever heard of feeding dogs cooked carrots? L says he never has, but I've never seen a dog that didn't just love them, don't ask me why. We had sliced carrots last night and I had Buttons (the dog) doing all kinds of stuff to get them! I found out about using carrots as a doggie treat from a guy who raised Siberian Huskies for show, and didn't want to give too many meat treats. Maybe it's the little bit of salt and olive oil or butter you steam them with, but who knows?
    Last edited by queenb; 01-09-2007 at 11:57 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2200612;
    You can have their names and your phone number etched on metal I.D plates.
    Yes I know about this, but I hate when they clink together in the middle of the night as the dogs move about. I like the idea of everything on one tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2200682;
    Unk, I wish I had had this link last night. I had spend the night dog company and it would have been fun. Of course I had the dog spoiled rotten anyway, but still!
    By the way, has anyone else ever heard of feeding dogs cooked carrots? L says he never has, but I've never seen a dog that didn't just love them, don't ask me why. We had sliced carrots last night and I had Buttons (the dog) doing all kinds of stuff to get them! I found out about using carrots as a doggie treat from a guy who raised Siberian Huskies for show, and didn't want to give too many meat treats. Maybe it's the little bit of salt and olive oil or butter you steam them with, but who knows?
    Queenie, our dogs love carrots -- raw or cooked they're not particular. Our vet also said to give them the broccoli stalks cut into pieces, and they love those too. They also eat lettuce, tomatoes, and zucchini, but they turn their noses up at fresh spinach. They're certainly not vegetarians, though, as they'll scarf down any type of leftover meat we might have to offer.

Unk, I can't wait to try out all those bird and cat sounds on Howard tomorrow -- I don't have the heart to do it tonight.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Unk - thanks for the cat sounds website! I now have two of them sitting here staring at me! I played some of the kitten sounds and my little female came running! I'm saving the bird sounds for later
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2200715;
    Yes I know about this, but I hate when they clink together in the middle of the night as the dogs move about. I like the idea of everything on one tag.
    I used to live with this girl who would take her dog's collar off at night. I asked her why and her response was "You don't sleep in your clothes do you, so why should he." She also said to not hear the tags clanking together. So I started taking my dog's collar off at night.

MRD
    My two bark if a doorbell rings on tv. THey also run up to the tv when a dog barks or they see a dog on tv. The dog show is fun to watch with them.

Mine hate thunder and fireworks, but I might try out the sounds.

Rosie was a BAD girl last night. I caught her feeding off the snacks on the table between the couch and chair. I've been blaming my daughter for taking food off my plate for a couple days now. Come to find out, its Rosie. Caught red handed. or red pawed. And NO remorse. She acted like it was her right to be able to eat off that table. Bogie on the other hand gets guilty acting when Rosie gets in trouble, so he feels remorse and he didn't do anything. She is getting a little bit too big for her small doggie britches.

Now wondering how much dog slobber I've eaten coming back in the room after she's helped herself to a treat that was left on the side table.

After getting in trouble, she looked at us and went: GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT very indignantly and walked off. I swear she was saying: You SOB's or something equally as bad. Because the look on her face was very mad looking. She has a very expression full face.

We use clear packing tape and tape the license and ID tags together so they don't rattle.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh I must be in the minority here because I love to hear Tommy's tags clink together. He's got his metal ID tag, a metal tag I brought him back from Hawaii and a little bell on his collar. I love to hear that little sound when he's ripping and roaring through the apartment when he feels good or if I call his name and I hear the little "tinkle tinkle" sound as he jumps off the bed or whatever. And I never take his collar off except when Santa Paws brings him a new collar each Christmas!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread