+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2197234;
    I didn't even use it tonight, I got Mona on a chair tipped the head back opened the mouth *flick* in went the pill, held mouth shut for a minute all done.
    Good for you! Isn't it just wonderful when everything works easily the way it should!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2197138;
    The other claim was that she could say my hubby's name. His name is Mark and she sort of said bark when she , well barked. We were meeting him one day at the local truckstop and when his truck pulled in I said to Molly " Who's that Molly?" She answered right back MMMark,MMMark. From then until the end she always saw him and barked Mark.
    That is too cute. My old boss had a cat that could say her name, Mary. He would only say it when he wanted her attention, too.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2196858;
    VET: Mona’s fur is softer and she looks more alert.

VET: Lung noise “rattling” has lessened to almost nothing

VET: Heart was ok, nice & strong no skip this time.

VET: She’s (Mona) not as stressed

Mona’s Daddy: She’s been doing better, getting combative etc…

VET: I am giving you enough pills for another 14 days beyond the current prescription. Would you like to try a “pet piller”?

Mona’s Daddy: Sure! – I’ll try anything. But again I’d rather you send someone to do this for me – I’ll pay pay pay.

Vet: *Laughs* we’ll see you in 2 weeks for X-Rays of her lung, because they wouldn’t show clearing up this quickly.

Mona’s Daddy: Okey Dokey *watching Mona now HEADBUTTING the carrier door to get INTO the carrier since the exam is over.

VET: Oh she’s ready to go home.

Note: On the way out – there is a cat that lives there who could be Joey’s twin. Mona looked at him HISSED and growled. Everyone chuckles: oh she’s getting better.

THAT Is great news. Doing the happy dance for you and Mona.

I have to tell you that when I was HUGELY pregnant, our dog was sick and the vet that treated her of course, knew my parents, etc. small town, blah, blah, blah. They SENT a tech over to my house to get a blood sample and drop off medications for our Annie and never charged us extra for it. I was absolutely flabbergasted as MY doctor wouldn't do that for me.

So does the piller work???? Why didn't they offer that to you in the first place?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2197234;
    I didn't even use it tonight, I got Mona on a chair tipped the head back opened the mouth *flick* in went the pill, held mouth shut for a minute all done.
    Like I said...it's all about location.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know why I'm enjoying the "pilling" stories so much, but I am. gabriel I'm so glad Mona's feeling better.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2197281;

THAT Is great news. Doing the happy dance for you and Mona.
    So does the piller work???? Why didn't they offer that to you in the first place?
    I think they did with Joey a few years back but I decided it was more work, and I'm still not sure that it isn't more work. I have one very PEED off Tabby.

Cat "walking" story as mentioned in did you know thread:
    Before I had Joey, when Mona was about 1 1/2 years old, I decided it would be nice for her to be able to go for walks (instead of just watching the trucks etc., from the windows which she loves so much to do) I bought a harness and a leash, put in on her with no resistance. Picked her up carried her outside and put her down. *SNIFF SNIFF* at the sidewalk, ok honey come on, walk 4 steps sit down, *sniff sniff* the grass, look around. Get up 10 minutes later walk 4 steps LAY DOWN, *sniff sniff* the sidewalk. Come on sweety lets go... Get up walk about 6 steps see truck coming down the street - pulling on lease to get to the truck and see what it's all about. Go about 4 steps sit down... It took us TWO HOURS to go a HALF city block. This was the first & LAST time a cat got walked in my domain.
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-07-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Cat walk story
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

The place where we go camping has a lot of cats on leashes. I guess if you want to take your cat camping, that's the way to go. I tend to think cats are happier at home with a big bowl of water and food and a fresh load of kitty litter.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2197591;
    The place where we go camping has a lot of cats on leashes. I guess if you want to take your cat camping, that's the way to go. I tend to think cats are happier at home with a big bowl of water and food and a fresh load of kitty litter.
    I tend to think the same thing Gutmutter - we are spiritual buddies
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

CCL
    Glad Mona's feeling better, Gabriel.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2196985;
    My Sugar does that too, only we call it 'whining,' as she only does it when there's something that we have that she wants. It's so funny to listen to, because she tries to sound human-- and she's getting pretty close! She's mastered the words 'out' and 'food,' and is working on her 3 favorite meals... 'beef,' 'steak,' and 'porkchops!'
    Not to bring up an ancient history topic (in the Animal Lover's thread, no less!) but I've found a photo of Sugar doing the "whining" thing I mentioned above!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread