+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2196548;
    I think I'd rather have a fat dog!
    Yuck! Or, you could always try feeding the dog less, walking it more or a combo of both!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2196158;
    Did you ever try sprinkling on some cayenne pepper on the kitty treats like I suggested? Did it work? Not?
    We are currently undergoing monsoon season here, so sprinkling anything is going to get washed away.
    But because of the now MUD, the cats seemed to have moved on for the time being. Of course, the dogs keep checking it out, but no kitty poop buffet anymore due to the mud.

Unk, that's precious about your boys. When we come home, Rosie runs to the kitchen and drinks water. EVERY TIME. I've always wondered what was up with that. Does she not drink while we're gone, or is it a celebratory drink that we came home. Hmmm, maybe she has a drinking problem!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ah, the memories that just came flashing back. We had a dog named Bowser when I was growing up - half Basset half beagle - black and white. He was notorious all over town and had people feeding him (including my grandmother who cut buttered toast in quarters diagonally for him every day when he visited her on the other side of town). This was back in the day of no leash laws. He appeared at every football game and had to be chased off the field. He would show up in our classes at high school and most teachers just let him stay. Anyway, he would be sleeping in our front yard and any time we drove up, he would jump up and bark and "chase" things out of the yard like he had to prove he was doing his job.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2196594;
    Ah, the memories that just came flashing back. We had a dog named Bowser when I was growing up - half Basset half beagle - black and white. He was notorious all over town and had people feeding him (including my grandmother who cut buttered toast in quarters diagonally for him every day when he visited her on the other side of town). This was back in the day of no leash laws. He appeared at every football game and had to be chased off the field. He would show up in our classes at high school and most teachers just let him stay. Anyway, he would be sleeping in our front yard and any time we drove up, he would jump up and bark and "chase" things out of the yard like he had to prove he was doing his job.
    Oh Gutmutter, you have me about Shadrach, my best friends Bassett when we were kids. Shad too wandered all over town. Often hung out on our porch as he knew his "master" used to come over quite a bit. My mom would walk Shadrach home. Too cute. Shadrach was seen all over town, but seldom in his own house. He would show up at my friends dad's law office and greet clients in the waiting room. My friend had older sisters and the highschool was in our neighborhood, so Shadrach was often seen on campus hoping for handouts.

Thanks for the memories

THat is so funny about Bowser going to school and football games.

I wonder now if it is a Bassett Hound thing. He knew exactly what classrooms we were in. He never just showed up at random classrooms which I think is why the teachers were impressed enough to let him stay. When my sister practiced the violin, he would trot right in and sing along - arooooooooooo!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2196609;
    I wonder now if it is a Bassett Hound thing. He knew exactly what classrooms we were in. He never just showed up at random classrooms which I think is why the teachers were impressed enough to let him stay. When my sister practiced the violin, he would trot right in and sing along - arooooooooooo!
    And that's exactly the sound! AROOOOOOOOOO! Good thing you don't have one now Gutmutter, otherwise the hedgehog would start shooting quills.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Point of fact, gabriel, is that hedgehog quills (unlike porcupines') are not detachable (or barbed).
    Count your blessings!

Hmm even this old boy learns something each day-- need more coffee..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2196609;
    Well, they are hounds and were bred for hunting, so he quite probably tracked you down by smell.

I am about the violin. When my daughter was first taking violin lessons, I wanted to make that noise too. We were torn between the fact that she did need to practice for her lessons and not wanting her to practice in OUR HOUSE!

I used to have a poodle that accompanied me on the piano.

Rosie will sing to us, I wish I could post a video of it. She makes a sound that is a little grunting, a little growling and a little whine like thing. It's hysterical. She grunts at us constantly. She wants to talk to us so badly. And she purrs when you pet her. Not quite the same purr of a cat, but darn close. I am convinced she is a cat trapped in a dog body.

UPDATE for those fort friends of mine

VET: Mona’s fur is softer and she looks more alert.

VET: Lung noise “rattling” has lessened to almost nothing

VET: Heart was ok, nice & strong no skip this time.

VET: She’s (Mona) not as stressed

Mona’s Daddy: She’s been doing better, getting combative etc…

VET: I am giving you enough pills for another 14 days beyond the current prescription. Would you like to try a “pet piller”?

Mona’s Daddy: Sure! – I’ll try anything. But again I’d rather you send someone to do this for me – I’ll pay pay pay.

Vet: *Laughs* we’ll see you in 2 weeks for X-Rays of her lung, because they wouldn’t show clearing up this quickly.

Mona’s Daddy: Okey Dokey *watching Mona now HEADBUTTING the carrier door to get INTO the carrier since the exam is over.

VET: Oh she’s ready to go home.

Note: On the way out – there is a cat that lives there who could be Joey’s twin. Mona looked at him HISSED and growled. Everyone chuckles: oh she’s getting better.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread