+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I am a bad Kitty MOM. I will be punished by Santa Paws with chunk of coal in my stocking.

I shut and locked my back door to my back entrance last night. A couple hours later, I noticed Gracie hadn't been around much. I went to the door and heard little tiny plaintive cries. She was in the enclosed porch looking out at the yard in the dark, which she loves to do. I just didn't know she was there. It has no heat, so when I rescued her, her little ears were cold. She ran right down to use her litter box and them quickly up to check out the food dish. Mr. Tootles never noticed she went missing either.

Thank goodness Gracie is of a forgiving nature.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought I would share a recipe my mom found for me to try! It's for Doggy Bark, a carob based dog treat!

Doggy Bark

Ingredients:
    4 cups carob chips
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts or chopped walnuts
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. In a bowl, melt the carob chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon, then microwave 30 seconds more.

2. Stir in the peanut butter and microwave for another 15 seconds. Stir ingredients together again to combine.

3. Add the nuts and the cinnamon, then stir the mixture to coat the nuts.

4. Line an edged cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. pour the mixture onto the foil and chill it for another 15 minutes in the freezer or 30 minutes in the refridgerator.

4. Remove the bark and break it into roughly 1x2 inch pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 70 pieces.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD
    Oh, poor Gracie. I left Rosie out not too long ago and felt so bad. Of course, Bogie could have cared less and didn't let us know she was missing. But when he's been left out, she whines at the door to let us know. And he's her son and didn't let us know. Ungrateful child!

Glad Gracie didn't get too angry with you. Rosie had an attitude and kept turning her back on us and wouldn't come near us. We were being punished.
    She turns her back to us when she is mad. And if we try to get in front of her, she keeps turning and keeping her back to us. It is kind of funny that they do have these emotions like people.

As for our pictures, Bogie is very content in my arms. I am the only one that can hold him like that and anytime my butt comes in contact with a seat, he's in my lap which is very warm now that its cold out. Rosie was not amused at the golden baubles. But she checks her stocking out every day and we keep saying: Not yet. She knows about Christmas and stockings and its so funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2175673;
    Glad Gracie didn't get too angry with you. Rosie had an attitude and kept turning her back on us and wouldn't come near us. We were being punished.
    She turns her back to us when she is mad. And if we try to get in front of her, she keeps turning and keeping her back to us. It is kind of funny that they do have these emotions like people.
    This made me laugh because a few years ago my Dad went to England to visit his niece and the rest of the family, but this time instead of two weeks he stayed for three, upon arriving back home I thought it was just hilarious that Missy the Bassett Hound just walked right past him, didn't even look up, to come to me. (And I dont even live there!)

Then a couple years ago when he had his heart attack and stayed for the related work (angioplasty, stents etc.) he was in for I think something like 5 days, I went and picked him up, walked in the house, Missy comes to the door looks at Dad, looks at me and turns & walks away. (She was probably mad because he walks her everyday, sometimes 3 or 4 times.)

Oh and her normal greeting is tail and butt wagging, and noises to "tell you about her day", plops on the floor to get a tummy rub etc.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Does anyone have experience with Mast Cell Tumors on dogs? Abbie has a ton of lumps - mostly fatty tumors (very common in Springers). But she has these 2 lumps - one most notably getting redder and bigger - and all my internet searching (including photos) point to this. I have an appointment with our vet tomorrow at 10:45, but my mind is taking me places I don't want to be Anyone have any experience??

marybethp: I'm so sorry I have no experience or helpful knowledge in that area. I hope your vet appointment goes ok and you get some good news. Keep us posted

myrosiedog: That is just too cute. Dogs have attitudes too!

SuperBrat: My that doggie bark sounds yummy! Is it only for dogs?

gabriel: Missy sounds so cute. Do yo have a photo of her? Tummy-rubs are great ..... for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2176073;
    marybethp: I'm so sorry I have no experience or helpful knowledge in that area. I hope your vet appointment goes ok and you get some good news. Keep us posted

myrosiedog: That is just too cute. Dogs have attitudes too!

SuperBrat: My that doggie bark sounds yummy! Is it only for dogs?

gabriel: Missy sounds so cute. Do yo have a photo of her? Tummy-rubs are great ..... for everyone!
    Here's Missy 2 years ago when she was 8.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2176156;
    Here's Missy 2 years ago when she was 8.
    Awwwww gabriel. She is so cute! Looks at them ears! They are so long and big you could smuggle a kitten under each one! She has sweet big eyes and enquiring looking forhead. Thanks so much for posting her pic.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2175515;
    Well I went to go pick Cookie up a sweater today... and I picked up a XL jacket, and a L sweater... to see which one fits her best. Neither do!

I'll go back to return both of them, and buy her a Large jacket.

***sneaks into this thread for a second***

Oh Callie, I hope you'll post a picture of the good girl after you both decide on the new garment!! I miss seeing her and I find myself clicking on your profile from time to time just so I can see her happy face!!

***sneaks back out of thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2176238;
    ***sneaks into this thread for a second******sneaks back out of thread***
    Nice to see you again Pom! I knew you were kinda sneaky!

Callie: I snuck over and saw your photo of Cookie on your profile. It's super. Love Cookie's big pink tongue!

*threadjack: how do you post a photo on your profile? I haven't figured that out yet. *endthreadjack*
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-12-2006 at 11:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread