+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2174101;
    Ana, that's a fabulous photo -- you say they did this for more than an hour? Wow. Squirrels drive our dogs c-razy, and they can hear one scampering around from 20 yards away. It's amazing. Our big lug of a dog, Howard, sits at the back door in hopes of catching one who has dared to trespass into our yard. I love your cat's name, and his markings are beautiful.
    The squirrels drive Bogie out of his mind. He cut off in mid poop to chase one this morning. It was hysterical as he just was going and then all of a sudden he is streaking across the yard. I thought my husband would fall over laughing he thought it was so funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My 12 year old dog I think has been getting really cold when going outside. She starts shaking

Does anyone use those sweaters for dogs, and if so... do you notice a difference in your dog?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2174553;
    My 12 year old dog I think has been getting really cold when going outside. She starts shaking

Does anyone use those sweaters for dogs, and if so... do you notice a difference in your dog?
    Yep, Rosie has a couple of them and boy does she get excited when we get them out. She LOVES wearing them because she has ALWAYS been very cold natured and they do keep her warmer. And she knows that, so when we notice she is cold or shivering and get out the sweater, she is so happy. And she is good about keeping it on. Bogie on the other hand, hates them. Pees when we try to put one on him and then sulks until we take it off. So I don't bother anymore. But he also doesn't like Rosie wearing hers and trys to take it off of her. She snaps at him when he does because she likes to be warm.
    Not to mention that she's so darn cute in her little sweater. I think I may buy her a coat this winter as we now live in a colder climate than before and I've seen some cute things at both Walmart and Target in the coat department.
    However, I can say that I would NEVER buy her a dress and I've seen a few of those. I made her a ballerina skirt one year for Halloween and she hated it.
    Oh and she inherited a Santa suit, but hates the hat and has gotten too fat to get the Santa jacket on anymore. So we limit her dressing up to just the sweaters to keep warm.

Of course, we also spoil the princess with a heating pad in her dog bed, turned to low.

Callie, we use those on our little terrier mutt when we go camping, and they definitely work. She loves to tromp in the snow, so we also use those doggie booties. An added bonus is how cute dogs look in the sweaters, and how clumsy they are in the booties.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Good!

Looks like Cookie girl will be getting a pretty pink sweater tomorrow! I'll pick one up at Target or PetSmart sometime! Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2174101;
    Ana, that's a fabulous photo -- you say they did this for more than an hour? Wow. Squirrels drive our dogs c-razy, and they can hear one scampering around from 20 yards away. It's amazing. Our big lug of a dog, Howard, sits at the back door in hopes of catching one who has dared to trespass into our yard. I love your cat's name, and his markings are beautiful.
    My normally calm, peace-loving dog goes completely off her rocker when she sees a squirrel. We used to live in a house where the squirrels would come right up to the glass and tease the dogs. Sasha could have cared less, but Misha decided that they were Satan's handmaidens and has despised them ever since. She's shredded mini-blinds before if they've gotten between her and a squirrel.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2174553;

We always use a regular human sweat shirt. Works perfect and they are cheaper - we normally have three for each dog. If she is a large dog go to the men's department. Also since she is older it might be time for a heated bed.

MRD
    Here are Rosie and Bogie's Christmas pictures. Notice how Bogie is being held and still and Rosie is attacking me under the tree.
    Rosie was also not happy to have beaded garland draped on her. It is beneath her queen like status to have to put up with such.
    Attached Images Attached Images

myrosiedog: Great photos! Rosie looks so fancy in her golden baubles, and bogie looks very content in your arms. Love your pjs!

Callie: They don't make sweaters for cats , but I buy puppy sweaters and put them on Gracie and Mr. Tootles when it gets chilly in the fall/early winter, and spring when it's cool out. Gracie doesn't like her high turtleneck so I have to fold it down some. Neither will ever, ever wear booties.

Cats.Do.Not.Wear.Booties!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well I went to go pick Cookie up a sweater today... and I picked up a XL jacket, and a L sweater... to see which one fits her best. Neither do!

I'll go back to return both of them, and buy her a Large jacket.

+ Reply to Thread