+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Aww, Muduh. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've never experienced the loss of a pet, thank GOD, but considering the fact that it breaks me up just hearing about the loss of a pet, I really don't know how I'll cope.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your son's pup Muduh.

Oh, Muduh, that is so sad. How is your grandson taking it? Give him a big hug for us.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2149626;
    Will they always be sterile (I'm thinking of mules)?
    Most of the time, but sometimes the females can be fertile. This webpage explains pretty well, using the example of the cat family.

www.messybeast.com/genetics/new-species.htm

Mudah, I'm sorry to hear about your son's pet.
    Rosiedog, it's sad about the kitty, but it won't get cold enough to actually hurt it in SC. We have so many feral cats in the woods around my house, it's just a shame, and they live/ reproduce/ whatever all too well. Maybe you could rent a hav-a-hart trap to catch it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

BubbaJoLyn: What great photos! Pootsi and SNuggles look very well loved

Unk: Those boys are just growning like weeds. What you are you feeding them? Prime Rib?

Mudah: My sympathies to you son and his boy on the death of their dog. .

---------------

On another note, news about Mimi the Cat who had pupppies. She only had kittens. Apparently, she was nursing puppies abandoned by their own dog mom. The people found her with them and assumed she gave birth to the pups along with her kittens who died. No miracles. But furry animals are doing well

Blood tests debunk cat-puppy claim

SAO PAULO, Brazil (Reuters) - Brazil's cat-puppy mystery has been solved.

Blood tests refute a Brazilian woman's claim that her cat had given birth to three puppies, geneticist Adil Pacheco said Tuesday.

Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, from a poor neighborhood of Passo Fundo in southern Brazil, said last Friday that her cat Mimi had given birth to the three puppies as well as three kittens, which did not survive.

"People who aren't experts often imagine things," said Pacheco, director of the Institute of Biological Sciences of the University of Passo Fundo. "All the facts contradict her."

Pacheco, who was asked by a local newspaper to conduct a chromosome test to check the spectacular claim which gained wide media attention, said mammals sometimes nursed the young from another species.

Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...TS.xml&src=rss
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Small dogs & kids

I'm interested in getting a small dog and I plan on having children so I'm trying to find a dog that will be good around kids. My favorite is the Pembroke Welsh Corgi and the pug but I'm looking for opinions. Anyone here have small dogs and children that can give me some ideas on what to get?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

If you can meet the parents of the dog before you get one, it is best. We have had a Shih Tzu for 13 years and she was absolutely wonderful with my kids. My middle daughter even dressed her up at times! We loved my Shih's parents and she is not yappy, and still playful.

My hubby had a Corgi he loved. They like to herd though, and will sometimes nip at ankles. I would also google the dog breeds you are interested in because there is a lot of info out there, including whether the breed is good around kids. Small dogs can be fragile also, and a rough toddler may not be the best. Anyways, good luck. I love Pugs as well.

If you are crazy like us, you could get a Mastiff and a Shih Tzu. Talk about Mutt and Jeff. However, the little dog is definitely the boss!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2153478;
    If you can meet the parents of the dog before you get one, it is best. We have had a Shih Tzu for 13 years and she was absolutely wonderful with my kids. My middle daughter even dressed her up at times! We loved my Shih's parents and she is not yappy, and still playful.

My hubby had a Corgi he loved. They like to herd though, and will sometimes nip at ankles. I would also google the dog breeds you are interested in because there is a lot of info out there, including whether the breed is good around kids. Small dogs can be fragile also, and a rough toddler may not be the best. Anyways, good luck. I love Pugs as well.

If you are crazy like us, you could get a Mastiff and a Shih Tzu. Talk about Mutt and Jeff. However, the little dog is definitely the boss!
    Thanks for your advice canuck. I will definitely do my homework.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I thought this was a neat picture of Laurel (on the right) and Hardy.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Too cute, Unk.

+ Reply to Thread