+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

That's what you get for your odd affinity for wolverines and gators. I hope that you have to replace your keyboard
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2148921;
    That's what you get for your odd affinity for wolverines and gators. I hope that you have to replace your keyboard
    What can I say? The call of the wild gets to me everytime!
    No, wasn't the keyboard, but the screen I had to mop up!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2148817;
    This is correct, Lois Lane. Animal that can hybridize must come from the same family of animals, i.e. horses, zebras, and donkeys are all in the equine family and so they can interbreed. Same with tigers and lions, dingoes and wolves, cattle and bison, and so forth.
    Will they always be sterile (I'm thinking of mules)?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    I need to take a picture, but our Queen Rosie has on her sweater and is esconced on the heating pad on the sofa. The Queens subjects have catered to her every whim to make sure she is toasty warm. She did not get out of bed yesterday until noon!!!! That is late for even her. I had to finally get her out as I needed to make it to fold clothes on it.
    She likes to be warm. She also never gets up early as Queens get to sleep late.
    ------------------
    QUESTION A few houses up from us a retired Nun lived and she passed away about 2 weeks ago. She had a cat. None of the relatives have done anything abotu the cat. He's been hanging around here and my neighbors (of THE famous cat that irritates the dogs) and eating that cats food.

I feel badly for this cat and I want to put food out for it. The neighbor said she is putting out food too. The cat is very skittish and will not come to any of us. My concern is that its cold out, down in the low 30's at night and due to get colder. Will this cat be ok outside?

I'd love to find a family to adopt it, but like I said, it is very skittish and won't come to anyone. And I hate to call animal control.

Help guys, need some advice (bringing it into my house is not an option. I am too allergic, but I don't mind putting food out and we don't have a garage, just a carport, so can't put it in there even if we could catch it)
    Last edited by MRD; 11-21-2006 at 06:27 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OMG. No-one wants to adopt the Nun's cat? Didn't she belong to a church or somewhere where her friends would adopt it? Did anyone know this lady? What about the other Sisters?

myrosiedog: the kitty needs a warm place for the night. A doghouse or simple cardboard box with lots of blankets would help. Someplace out of the wind and off the ground. She also needs a bowl of water along with food. If the water is freezing, she may need to go to a shelter for adoption. Cats are not as winter hardy as dogs. She could freeze her tail or tips of her ears off.

Is she can an older cat? Can you post an adoption notice with a photo where the Nun used to work? The local church, grocery store, coffee shop. I'd had to see the poor thing freeze or die of loneliness .

Does your local tv station have a community segment? You could have them come and take a picture and do a "Sister so-and-so's kitty needs a new home" plea to the public. Sometimes that works amazingly well.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.
    Last edited by misskitty; 11-21-2006 at 02:53 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Here are some pictures of my little girls. The first two pictures are my cat, her name is Pootsie. The other two pictures are of my Mom's cat, her name is Snuggles. Pootsie is 11 yrs old and Snuggles is 10 yrs old. Right now I'm babysitting Snuggles while my Mom and Dad are away on vacation but because the girls cannot get along I have to drive back and forth to my parent's house to take care of her which is a pain but she's such a sweetie it's okay. Both girls are very spoiled, I think Snuggles more than Pootise because when they were leaving my Mom said that I had to make sure Snuggles was served her moist food on a china plate because the little princess will not eat off of anything else anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2150718;
    I had to make sure Snuggles was served her moist food on a china plate because the little princess will not eat off of anything else anymore.
    She just looks like a spoiled little princess. She looks like Erica from Bachelor. They are both a couple of cuties.
    My boys take turns in my lap now as there isn't enough room for both of them anymore.
    Here's Hardy just a few minutes ago.

And here's Laurel from a couple of days ago.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Those are so cute, Unk. My boys won't sit in mylap. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, and only if Jasper's in the mood, he'll let me hold him like a baby - as long as I pat him. If I stop patting him, he wants to escape.

Sorry for the downer folks, but I think I just need a shoulder for a minute.

My son had to work today so I went to stay with the kid, get him ready and take him to school. I went out to feed the dog, and he had passed on during the night. He was a loyal friend to my son and the kid, and a sweet old boy to everyone. He will be missed. He was 10 1/2 years old and had been failing for a while. I have a super cute picture of him taken last winter. Later tonight I will ask someone to post it for me. I will be back in a few hours.

Bubba Jo and UNK - wow cuties and UNK those boys are getting so BIG..

MUDUH- My heart goes out to you, your son and the kid. I do hope the fella didn't suffer. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

+ Reply to Thread