+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

--
    I'm keeping the brown female - Sophie. I was just saying that there's another white one.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel;2138323;
    Recent pictures of the puppies whose pictures I posted on page 340.
    Aww, they are so tiny, I don't think my kitty was that small when we got her.

Here is a new pic of Rocko helping Phender clean behind her ears...

And here they are lounging by the fire when they are done...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2134793;
    That's hilarious. If you do get a bunny, try giving it Craisins sometime. Mine loves those more than just about anything on the planet. They're like bunny crack.

Last night I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Animals Behaving Badly" in which they showed monkeys of some sort in the Caribbean who regularly snatch up people's cocktails. And then they showed these lemurs that grab millipedes, and bite their heads, and the millipedes release a toxin that's a narcotic to lemurs, apparently. These lemurs rub it all over themselves and just get high on millipede. The shots they had, of lemurs with these crazy eyes, were hilarious. They were like the shirtless crackhead on "Cops" of the animal world.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I am a new animal owner....well, just since about July. So my question is, we have a cat. When do we get him neutered? Our vet said at 6 months (which is now) but a friend said I need to wait until he is a year old. How about you cat people - what do you think?

Ana Bannana, six months is definitely better than one year. By the time he's a year old, if he's unfixed he will have started behaving like, well, like an unfixed adult male, and any attendant behavioural problems that can develop will be harder train him away from. If you get him fixed while he's still essentially a kitten, he will be less likely to want to roam and more likely to want to hang around mom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks Rattus - I will make the appointment tomorrow. There is so much information out there, it is sometimes overwhelming. I always know that I can come to the FORT and find answers to my cat questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2138439;
    I am a new animal owner....well, just since about July. So my question is, we have a cat. When do we get him neutered? Our vet said at 6 months (which is now) but a friend said I need to wait until he is a year old. How about you cat people - what do you think?
    Now is the time for sure -- I am not kidding- Someone told me eight months, but at 6 months to the day Joey started doing his thing and I needed quarts of natures miracle to kill the phew.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I think I've mentioned my neighbor, and good friend, Sparky here before. He stayed here about as much as he stayed at home. Well about a month ago he got charged with a bum rap and is under house arrest. He somehow manages to break out of stir fairly often and he now comes to my back door all the time. He never used to do that.
    He has a good head on his shoulders, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2138588;
    Now is the time for sure -- I am not kidding- Someone told me eight months, but at 6 months to the day Joey started doing his thing and I needed quarts of natures miracle to kill the phew.....
    Gabriel - how nice to see you again! Sure did miss you while you were away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2138703;
    Gabriel - how nice to see you again! Sure did miss you while you were away!
    WHY Thank You... I've never felt so welcomed back as I have here in the last couple of days....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread