+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Have you tried a trail of Craisins up the ramp, with a little pile shining like a beacon at the top?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I did. She ate the ones that were on the ramp itself, and then sat right back down and went to sleep.

I was trying to lure her out so I could put her upstairs (thinking it might be easier for her to find her way down, instead of up), but she wasn't having it. I don't want to just grab her, because when I did my training to work with animals, they drilled it into us that they can kick so hard they can actually break their own backs. It's probably not very likely, but now I'm all phobic about it.

Pom: What a great picture! He's so happy!

Amanda: A bunny! You have a white pretty bunny! I luv bunnies too! We had two little ones from my Baba's friend's farm one summer.

What a beooootiful hutch! Are you sure it's not a "hatch" in disguise? Maybe your bunny gets "lost" and is involved in some kind of research work you don't know about. Is there a button she has to push to get upstairs?!

Sorry, haven't had a coffee yet. Bad humor. Cute bunny
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    I need some help - I am too lazy to scroll through all 345 pages to find an answer. If one has been posted I apologize...
    I have 3 babies - I mean doggies. I have a 125lbs male Doberman, a 100lbs female Lab. and my angel - a 23lbs male rat terrier named tink. Ever since i brought home Tink someone has been "marking" - and since i am low man on the totem pole Tink has been blamed although i have caught the doberman more than once in the act. How do i stop all of them from marking. I can't lock them up any where ( long story, and too big of a fight with the hubby to be worth the effort) I am just looking for any tips that will keep them from marking thier territory. Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2134793;
    That's hilarious. If you do get a bunny, try giving it Craisins sometime. Mine loves those more than just about anything on the planet. They're like bunny crack.

She still hasn't found her way upstairs yet. I feel bad; she's sleeping on a plain wooden floor, when upstairs she has a nesting box with a towel in it that would be much more comfortable.
    Amanda, maybe if you put Bun in the top part she would find her way down, and figure it out that way. I know some dogs I've had before never wantedvto go "up" into the car, porch or whatever, until they learned to get down by themselves and eventually get the idea (if that sentence makes any sense). Or maybe I'm the only one who ever gets animals so lazy that they learn by following gravity!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2135915;
    I need some help - I am too lazy to scroll through all 345 pages to find an answer. If one has been posted I apologize...
    I have 3 babies - I mean doggies. I have a 125lbs male Doberman, a 100lbs female Lab. and my angel - a 23lbs male rat terrier named tink. Ever since i brought home Tink someone has been "marking" - and since i am low man on the totem pole Tink has been blamed although i have caught the doberman more than once in the act. How do i stop all of them from marking. I can't lock them up any where ( long story, and too big of a fight with the hubby to be worth the effort) I am just looking for any tips that will keep them from marking thier territory. Thank you in advance
    If they haven't been neutered, do it. It can make a world of difference in behavior. And although you didn't ask, those weights on the Dobie and Lab seem pretty high . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

--
    Recent pictures of the puppies whose pictures I posted on page 340.

Last edited by laneyrachel; 11-12-2006 at 01:51 PM.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel;2138323;
    Recent pictures of the puppies whose pictures I posted on page 340.
    OOOOOoooooooooooo. SO CUTE!!! I want some little puppies. Do they stay that small? Two white ones and two brown ones. Do you have names for them? Do you have new homes for them? Are you keeping them all?

--
    Actually there's a third white one. I'm keeping one, and she's the only one that I have named. I have a waiting list of people who want to adopt one!
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel;2138356;
    Actually there's a third white one. I'm keeping one, and she's the only one that I have named. I have a waiting list of people who want to adopt one!
    What did you name the white one you want to keep? I'm very glad you have homes for all the other puppies!

+ Reply to Thread