+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Rattus: that is absolutely the cutest cat story ever. I still have a huge smile over that one.

Lois:
    It's all about Greta. She is the biggest ham you'll ever find. In the photo below she struck the pose and held it long enough for me to get the camera from behind me, fumble with it, and snap at least three different versions of it. After that, it's all about PhotoShop.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Even my Newfs are starting to get a thing for Greta
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf: Just as long as they aren't looking for a snack.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Do any of you have those "robotic" vacuum cleaners, like the ones sold at Sharper Image etc.? I think one of them is called the Roomba Discovery Robotic Floor Vac. They just automatically roam around your floors and vacuum everything that needs to be cleaned. If you have them, do your cats freak out? Our cat is such a shedder that something like this would help keep the fur/dander from getting into my eyes all the time...but it's like $300 and I don't want to spend that kind of money only to find my cat's terrified of it...

UncleDavid, your Greta is a little minx! Sooooooo beautiful! Are her eyes green or yellow? (My cat has ordinary yellow eyes. He's still cute, though!)

Lois, I'd probably call Greta's eyes hazel. Closer to green than yellow.

When I first brought Greta and Charlie home I left the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room. They played on and around it for weeks before I turned it on with them there. Now when I use the vacuum cleaner Greta get's in a position where she can watch it. She'll follow me from room to room to watch.

Ella on the other hand is very skittish. Also she didn't have the advantage of seeing it around for as long as Greta did. When the vacuum is turned on Ella heads for the 'secret' place.

Turns out it's not such a secret after all. Weeks ago they pulled down a portion of the material that covers the bottom of the box spring of my bed. The two of them have clubhouse meetings up in the springs of the box springs. I'm pretending I don't know about it so don't give me away.

Lois - I have a friend who has two cats, a husband who is allergic to cats and a "Roomba". The Roomba works great on hardwood and tile floors and doesn't seem to bother her cats. I don't think it works as well on carpet but she loves it! We were at their house for New Year's Eve right after they got the Roomba and about 20 adults were sitting around throwing stuff on the floor so we could watch the Roomba suck it up. It was quiet and fast and when it got through, it just went back to it's little base and plugged itself back in to recharge. Their cats never seemed to notice it. There is also a timer thing which you can set to control when the Roomba roams - it doesn't have to just constantly cruise around. This is probably more than you wanted to know and I'm off to change my name to "Roombas_Rule" but I hope that, if you do decide to get one, it works out well for you and the kitties.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    We Love our Red Roomba! Does great carpet or tile. Kitties know that she can't leave the room so they are fine with her. Does really good with pet hair. A bit touchy about the way she is cleaned out.
    We also have their Scooba that scrubs hard floors. We also Love her!
    Got one of the first ones out and there have been a couple of glitches. But the company has been fast to help repair her. The cleanser is very horrid. I'm allergic to it. But she does well with water and vinager.

doxie and Mimzy, thanks for the Roomba info. It sounds like a neat little thing and I think I'm going to have to get one. I'm glad you said it's quiet. My cat HATES the vacuum cleaner, but this Roomba sounds like it's pretty discreet! I wonder if he's going to chase it around as it works and it'll be an endless cycle... Roomba cleans...My cat trails it shedding more...Roomba goes back to clean...cat trails it again...

doxie, I was laughing about the NYE party, 'cause that's something I would do...throw stuff on the floor to watch it in action!

Uncle David, leave it to Greta to have even have eyes that are exotic and not the norm!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Unk:Greta in particular who insisted on posing for a picture in the hopes of winning someone's heart.
    She's got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Heeey!!!...yeah, okay, I know. We actually don't know why he's such a Snausage (one of my pet names for him) because he really doesn't eat all that much. At least when we're around. Sneaky little bugger.
    Our vet said that male cats who've been neutered get a little snausagey around the middle when they get older (hey, don't we all?!), moreso than cats who haven't been neutered. Our ol' boy eats a ton of food, which is why he's so, um, hefty.

+ Reply to Thread