+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

The key word to all these posts is the kitty CHOSE the person. heh heh heh.

Hmmm, I wonder what is in this box?

Aww, they are such cuties, Unk. I can tell from the little white toes that Hardy is the one in the box in the last pic.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

You are correct.

My boys were having such a good day that I had to take photos of them.

I was ecstatic to see Harvey, our elderly, arthritic old boy, run up the tree, something he rarely ever did even when he was young and spry.
    Harv in Tree2.jpg

That's Finley in the same tree. No surprise there - a day without a run up the tree and some monkey-like leaps and swings from branch to branch is like a day without salmon-flavoured kibble shnacks for the Fin.
    Fin in Tree.jpg

And a bit of a goof-around before they both settled down on the bench for a snooze in the shade.
    Goofing Around.jpg
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    How old is Harvey? He looks pretty young and spry in that picture! They're all so cute!

Unk, your kitties are getting so big...soon they'll be filling out their ears.

Marley, your cat's as orange as mine!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Unk: I've been showing the girls the pix you post of the boys. They are two smitten kittens. Greta in particular who insisted on posing for a picture in the hopes of winning someone's heart.

Rattus: Harvey reminds me of a grown up Charlie. And the third picture is exactly what happens around here everyday. (except the girls don't have a real tree to climb in)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    How old is Harvey? He looks pretty young and spry in that picture! They're all so cute!
    We don't actually know how old the Harv is. He moved in with us 11 years ago and he was full-grown cat then, albeit starved and emaciated. We actually thought he was some exotic breed, possibly a Sphinx, when we met him because he was so thin that his ears and rather large nose stood out tremendously. He was also unfixed and had behavioural problems with the two furry friends we were already living with, which we think was the result of abuse in his previous residence. But with a lot of love and some gentle discipline, he came around to being just the best boy ever.

I think I've posted this story before, but I'm going to post it again because it illustrates just what a great cat the Harv is. As I mentioned, he was a bit of a trouble-maker when he moved in and was constantly attacking the other cats. Mr. Rattus got a water pistol and would spritz him when he went into attack mode, but that seriously freaked the Harv out. He would run crying and cower in a corner (which supports my abuse theory) so I made Mr. Rattus stop. The next time he started attacking, I picked him up, walked him down the hall and shut him in the den for a half hour time out where he would climb up on the computer desk, rest his chin on his paws and sigh. We did this for a few weeks and until one day when he started attacking, we were both busy in the kitchen making dinner and couldn't pull away at that moment. So I said "Harv, go to your room". He stopped attacking, looked at me, turned around and meow, meow, meowing all the way, went down to the den. Amazed, we followed him and saw that he was resting on the computer table, chin on paws, sighing. And that was pretty much the last time he attacked Lepo and Salope. Is it any wonder I love him?

Anyway, Uncle David, just wanted to let you know that Finley has a bit of a thing for Greta. You will be relieved to know, however, that he can't do a thing about it and not just because he can't afford air fair to Nevada (or to the next block, for that matter).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Well, I think Harvey's about the cutest "ol' thing" I've seen AND he's certainly not emaciated now! And I love that story--just goes to show that cats CAN be trained to a certain extent. My old boy doesn't scratch on our bedroom door anymore 'cause he know he won't be let in (my allergies). But he can open a door (well, a pocket door) and is quite savvy.

And Uncle David, that's not fair. Between Greta's astonishing beauty and your excellent photo taking skills, how are the rest of us supposed to show off our pets without looking like complete amateurs? My cat blinks every time I take a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Well, I think Harvey's about the cutest "ol' thing" I've seen AND he's certainly not emaciated now!
    Heeey!!!...yeah, okay, I know. We actually don't know why he's such a Snausage (one of my pet names for him) because he really doesn't eat all that much. At least when we're around. Sneaky little bugger.

+ Reply to Thread