+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 1764 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041811315311031 ... LastLast
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey
    Glitternerfball My prayers are with you and your kitty

Drain my brain.
    I miss my Spike...

Attached Images Attached Images
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Picture time...

Glitternerfball, I hope your baby will be alright. Illness in a pet can be so scary.

I have some new pictures of the water loving kitties. For some reason as soon as I bring the camera they jump out of the sink.

They have discovered the window in our mud room, and love to sit and watch the birds, and leaves, anything that moves.

They also have a new game. In the second picture, you will see them jumping at the fridge. There is a bolt on the door that they love to attack. They take turns jumping at it, and any time they walk by the fridge they have to give it a swipe. Funny kitties.

Attached Images Attached Images

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    glitternerfball. my prayers go out to you and your pretty kitty, a co-worker just had to put down his dog, he had just got too old and lost use of everything. so he did what was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Here's my favorite picture of my baby doll, I took it last christmas. She's my beautiful baby. (And I just had the biggest sneezing fit of my life while typing this, over 15! my goodness)

Anyway, I haven't been on here for a while because of health concerns with her, and would appreciate prayers as I was just told with or with out treatment she has about 3-6 months left. I've had her over 10 years. . . .
    Awww, I'm so sorry! I will pray for you and your baby! I can imagine 10 years is a long time.

I have an English Bulldog puppy. I don't have any pics of him for you guys but I can tell you, he is tan and white, 9 months old and his name is Winston Churchill. We decided to name him Churchill because when we got him at 2 months old, he was the tinniest little thing and wobbling around the house, he was so chubby that his stomach would sweep along the floor and get dirty. He's on a diet now-a-days. My dog likes cats though. The cats just don't like him, it's probably because their scared he'll eat them, big as he is.

Thanks guys, it means a lot, I'll tell you the worst part about this, 2 things:

People who see my cat and say things like "wow, she has a face only YOU could love, " "She looks like something out of a Stephen King Book," and the like.

People who tell me I should put her to sleep.

Her disease may have taken her looks, but even the last vet we went to said she was amazed at how sweet Penny was and that it's obvious she has a great quality of life. We don't put people to sleep because they have an illness or are ugly, we shouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion for an animal. Also, those mean comments (given by a woman who when Penny first got sick, spent a month making a blanket for her, now refuses to look at her) hurt morale, and when someone's sick, you don't bring them down or they'll give up.

On another note, Penny now absolutely love Xtina's song "Beautiful," whenever it plays she looks in the mirror, something she had stopped doing once the tumors hit her face. She's becoming accustomed to them now and coming out of the closet and into the hallway, proud of herself. She's obviously still content, just annoyed.

Thanks again!

And Harmoj - I can't beleive how much your kitties have grown! they look like a fun pair.

abrslr - love Schnauzer's.

I am so sorry about your friend being so ill. People who are not animal lovers don't understand us, do they? I have no pets now, but have so many visitors that I enjoy. I wish I knew how to post a picture, I'd show you one of my next door neighbor that I made. I sat her in a soup mug and took it. ( No I don't use the soup mug.) She has the biggest ears you could imagine. I have searched her and can't find it, but I am sure she has a watch somewhere on her person. She always knows when my husband is coming home and camps out on the porch for him to give her a treat. She plays that game with us both, but I let him think he's special.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Thanks guys, it means a lot, I'll tell you the worst part about this, 2 things:

People who see my cat and say things like "wow, she has a face only YOU could love, " "She looks like something out of a Stephen King Book," and the like.

People who tell me I should put her to sleep.

Her disease may have taken her looks, but even the last vet we went to said she was amazed at how sweet Penny was and that it's obvious she has a great quality of life. We don't put people to sleep because they have an illness or are ugly, we shouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion for an animal. Also, those mean comments (given by a woman who when Penny first got sick, spent a month making a blanket for her, now refuses to look at her) hurt morale, and when someone's sick, you don't bring them down or they'll give up.

On another note, Penny now absolutely love Xtina's song "Beautiful," whenever it plays she looks in the mirror, something she had stopped doing once the tumors hit her face. She's becoming accustomed to them now and coming out of the closet and into the hallway, proud of herself. She's obviously still content, just annoyed.

Thanks again!

And Harmoj - I can't beleive how much your kitties have grown! they look like a fun pair.

abrslr - love Schnauzer's.
    Well, I think your Penny is a cutey. It's true, people who don't have pets just don't get it. There's an attachment that grows and that dog/cat becomes your own little baby. And just looking into their eyes gives you such joy because you know that YOU are the only thing they have in their lives, you are all they depend on to live and be happy...Yeah pets are cute!

:rolleyes No pet is ugly, they all have their own special beauty...how cruel and plain rude of people to say that about your cat
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread