+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My border collie LOVES water. His reward for his tricks and his "jobs" is to get to play in the hose. If you ask him "want to get wet?" he is out the doggy door and waiting by the hose before I can even get all the words out.

Henry is adorable, we had a lot of dogs when I was a kid, but Heidi our dachshund was my favorite.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Unk: I tried to get the girls in motion, but they move too fast. I tried a cat toy above the camera, but no luck there either.

So... here's another sleeping shot.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

They're too cute. I'm not going to tell you how many shots I deleted with nothing but a tail or a lone paw in the frame.

I don't feel bad then 'cause that's ALL I could get.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Hey everyone. Anyone with cats or had cats in the past, please read my post in strange cat behavior. My cat is "sick" and I don't know what the cause is and so far neither does the vet. Any advice would be great.

Uncle David: Your babies are beyond adorable! How old are they now?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about Henry's beach pics. He hated the beach at first and then he saw a crab and chased it into the water. After that, we had a hard time keeping him out of the water. The people who live next door to where we were vacationing invited us over for drinks and to watch the sunset. They have SEVEN cats - I really wish we had taken some pictures - about 4 of the cats lined up on the deck railing to watch the sun go down. Henry was with us and he growled at the cats but didn't try to chase them.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    They're too cute. I'm not going to tell you how many shots I deleted with nothing but a tail or a lone paw in the frame.
    Same here. My cat knows exactly when I'm trying to take his picture because he either turns away or runs off. I have deleted tons of pictures with nothing but an orange blur.

Geek: My girls are 19 weeks old. Thing is, I have no other reference point so to me they look like full grown cats now, not kittens.

Of course that's physically. In every other way they are pure kitten. They play constantly when awake and sleep the rest of the time.

Unfortunately, they sleep all day so when I want to sleep at night they're looking for love and attention. (Particularly Ella)

I sleep with a teddy bear. (long story about keeping my body in a certain position for my back) and Ella loves to nurse on the teddy bear. She crawls under the covers and nurses on the stuffed animal while I stroke her. She often chooses to do this in the middle of the night. And then, of course, I wind up sleeping with a soggy teddy bear. Wrecks havoc on my sleeping habits.

Not nearly as bad as Greta though. Greta is the licker. I'll be sound asleep when this wet raspy tongue will start licking my nose. Startles me awake in a not particularly pleasant way.

Don't anyone bother to suggest I close the door to the bedroom. I try that occasionally, but when Ella wants to nurse she'll stand outside the door and cry. I ignore her, but it's hard to say what disturbs my sleep more, the crying or waking up fully to stroke Ella.

Star was absolutely right when she said it would be a long time until I get a good night's sleep again. But... who cares?

Uncle David: you sleep with a teddy bear, how sweet . Yes, it's about your back, yeah, your back . Ever tried a body pillow?

Your two little girls are absolutely precious to hear about. Let them nurse your teddy and lick your nose for sooner than you may wish, it may change and you will pray for the days you are awoken at night in those very same manners. Enjoy your beloved little alarm clocks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread